Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
when we will pay loads more for a decent replacement if any

I don't understand this arguement. We signed Greer for £250K, Uwe for £1.5m, and Upson on a free. Goldson, though we have not seen him yet was under a million. Do you really think we would have to spend over ("loads more") £5m to replace someone who has largely been our third choice centre back this season?

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
I think the problem on Tuesday is that he was against a very good striker and rather than keeping things simple he tried to outplay him leading to several key mistakes. To give him his credit, it might have taken until the last 10 minutes but seemed to change his style getting his head to the ball and generally playing the ball forward as quick as possible to not get caught in possession.

I doubt he will come across many better strikers this year and think Greer would have been equally uncomfortable.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think the problem on Tuesday is that he was against a very good striker and rather than keeping things simple he tried to outplay him leading to several key mistakes. To give him his credit, it might have taken until the 10 minutes but seemed to change his style getting his head to the ball and generally playing the ball forward as quick as possible to not get caught in possession.

I doubt he will come across many better strikers this year and think Greer would have been equally uncomfortable.

I am glad I am not alone in thinking that, if someone on our side doesn't look too good, it might be because someone on the opposing side is actually good.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I am glad I am not alone in thinking that, if someone on our side doesn't look too good, it might be because someone on the opposing side is actually good.

I agree with you to some extent but some of the mistakes were when he was under no real pressure and he just misjudged the bounce of the ball and missed it completely. Nothing to do with the opposition.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The other team are allowed to play, too.

At least 2 of their fellas were blooming fast and keen to attack, (for the first 16 minutes) not ideal for centre halfs.

For their goal Dunk made a rookie mistake then made it 10 times worse by losing his head and sliding through.
He really ought to be better than that by now.

But they were good attacking.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Can't believe a defender at this level got put on his backside twice by the same player in the same move. Seemed to lack concentration last night and not for the first time. Think it may be this side of the game that stops him playing at the top level. Time will tell.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Woeful and the harder he tried the more errors he made.
Couldn't help thinking he saw himself as senior partner and tried too hard to live up to it.
He will benefit from having Greer back on his right just as Hunemeier will benefit from playing on his favoured side if/when he gets the left sided slot back.
Dunk won't play as badly again. Hopefully against Gallagher on Saturday he will slow himself down a little and do a bit more thinking.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Jury is out for me on Dunk great at times but very poor others! I would also say the same about Stockdale too brilliant on his day but can make some right howlers! Consistency is the key for me!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Had a poor game last night: has had some excellent ones too. Swings & roundabouts. He doesn't have a lot of pace, and he does seem to have a major error per game in him, but then again Greer has had his ropey moments lately too. Hünemeier could and almost certainly should have conceded a penalty last night when he dived in on Freeman.

I'm itching to know what Goldson is going to be like, but realistically, we'll need to be two centre halves down before he gets a go.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't believe a defender at this level got put on his backside twice by the same player in the same move. Seemed to lack concentration last night and not for the first time. Think it may be this side of the game that stops him playing at the top level. Time will tell.
He didn't, Dunk put himself on his backside the second time when he knew he'd screwed up and was so hell bent on making amends the 'red mist' made him go from bad to worse.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I agree with you to some extent but some of the mistakes were when he was under no real pressure and he just misjudged the bounce of the ball and missed it completely. Nothing to do with the opposition.

Agreed

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He is due a goal very soon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here