Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk v Mitrović - the big battle

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This is the big battle for me. If Dunk wins we win, if he loses we may not.

Back in 2019 we saw the rare sight of Dunk being bullied by a forward, Mitrovic, as they came back from 2-0 down to win 4-2. Mitrovic scored two and was a total nuisance in that second half. He definitely had his weetabix at half time.

In the two games since that debacle Mitrovic was a sub, coming on with 10 mins to go to little effect. Seems like a different beast these days and a definite starter tonight.

Who will win this battle?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Intriguing potential battle up the other end of the pitch also: Duffy v Welbeck

(assuming big Shane is allowed to play against his parent club, which he probably isn't)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Back in 2019 we saw the rare sight of Dunk being bullied by a forward, Mitrovic, as they came back from 2-0 down to win 4-2. Mitrovic scored two and was a total nuisance in that second half. He definitely had his weetabix at half time.

In the two games since that debacle Mitrovic was a sub, coming on with 10 mins to go to little effect. Seems like a different beast these days and a definite starter tonight.

Mitrovic also bullied Dunk in the game at the Amex that season that finished 2.2, Dunk made a big mistake for their second goal getting pushed off the ball far too easily by Mitrovic.

It will be an interesting watch. The way Dunk has bossed Wilson and Antonio in our recent games gives me confidence he will be able to handle him ok. It helps that Dunk has got much better players around him this time too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
With a bit of luck the Fulham manager will go all Clever Clogs on us and only give their greatest goal threat another 10 minute cameo at the end :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
With a bit of luck the Fulham manager will go all Clever Clogs on us and only give their greatest goal threat another 10 minute cameo at the end :lol:

That would be very nice but I fear not.

On that night Dunk had Duffy, Montoya and Bong alongside and dwarf Maty Ryan in goal. Probably didn't help!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Was discussing this match-up this morning.

I was at the game when we were 2-0 up and lost 4-2 - not often Dunk gets bullied but he was that night.

HUGE game for Lewis tonight - if we keep a clean sheet again tonight, it will be one goal conceded in 5 games and Southgate HAS to take notice

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Dunk has come on so much since then, he’s cut out going to ground, learning to trust the keeper instead of sticking a foot out and ending up with a deflected goal. I struggle to see a better CB in league right now.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It’s the only time that I have seen Dunk knocked around .
There's been a few. Antonio last season for their goal, mitro 2 or three times now. Here's hoping he's worked it out, seems to have done this season.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Agree it is such a big factor of this game. In PL many forwards given us a hard time on the ground but he is only one to see out muscle Dunk more than once. No zonal marking. Dunk man to man with him in the box.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Mitrovic looks pretty strong to me. I saw one incident when they played Arsenal on Saturday where he held of 3 separate Arsenal players at once and eventually won a foul. I hope Dunk has watched back some of their previous battles for some pointers but he's in for a tough time tonight

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Lets wait and see if Veltman is fit , if so i think he will take first bite at Mitrovic with Lewis cleaning up , if not will it be Colwill who seems a decent alternative.....having said that we have managed to starve better opposition of the ball in recent weeks but it is , as we all know , a funny old game .....1-2

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Dunk has come on so much since then, he’s cut out going to ground, learning to trust the keeper instead of sticking a foot out and ending up with a deflected goal. I struggle to see a better CB in league right now.

think having a much more calm and assured keeper behind him has probably helped

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There's been a few. Antonio last season for their goal, mitro 2 or three times now. Here's hoping he's worked it out, seems to have done this season.

Slabhead has knocked him about quite a bit too (and scored at the Amex having tossed him to one side).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here