Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk v Mitrović - the big battle

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
There's been a few. Antonio last season for their goal, mitro 2 or three times now. Here's hoping he's worked it out, seems to have done this season.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

About the only second he wasn't in Veltman's pocket, as we went zonal

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Potter will have planned to cut off the supply to Mitrovic so he doesn't get the chance to bully Dunk again. I expect the defensive midfield and wing backs to put a shift in tonight.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There's no shame if Dunk is not winning the battle, Mitrovic is good at what he does.
Didn't he have Dick Van Dijk in his pocket recently, and he's supposed to be the best CB.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
We win that game without an aberration at our own corner.

I agree there was very, very little between the teams hut Mitrovic was the difference IMO. You’re very rarely going to see Dunk and Webster as rattled as that.

As I said on his thread, I still don’t understand why a ‘big 6’ side haven’t gone in for him. He would score bucketloads.

He’s far, far too good for Fulham.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Thought Dunk did pretty well against him, Webster too. The blokes a beast and defenders always get less off the refs in such battles.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Dunk has come on so much since then, he’s cut out going to ground, learning to trust the keeper instead of sticking a foot out and ending up with a deflected goal. I struggle to see a better CB in league right now.

Whoopsie... :lol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well ….. that went well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He took us apart in his wing play, Veltman, Dunk etc in a pack chasing shadows, then inevitably owns us in the box too when THE key moment comes.

A class above, yet again, when he faced us.

Far more to his game than the elbowing battering ram when he first tried to take on the EPL. Interesting that a big unit has developed pace and dribbling ability at that age.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think of the top, top players Dunk has pocketed over the last season or so without breaking sweat.

Mitrovic embarrassed him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree there was very, very little between the teams hut Mitrovic was the difference IMO. You’re very rarely going to see Dunk and Webster as rattled as that.

As I said on his thread, I still don’t understand why a ‘big 6’ side haven’t gone in for him. He would score bucketloads.

He’s far, far too good for Fulham.

I just took a look at Serbia on Wikipedia. Pretty decent stats, in this world of mad nations states.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
After that defensive performance I think Southgate may have a point in not picking Albion defenders. Mitrovic embarrassed them both again and he's not even world class.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
After that defensive performance I think Southgate may have a point in not picking Albion defenders. Mitrovic embarrassed them both again and he's not even world class.

Actually I don’t think he’s too far off world class - look at the way he bullies top PL defenders like Dunk, Gabriel and VVD week in week out and his international scoring record too.

There are hardly any players in the world better at what he does. Other than Haaland and Kane, I don’t think there’s a better out and out centre forward in the PL.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
If Lewis was having sleepless nights after Mitrovic bullied him to score at the Amex a few seasons back he will be having absolute nightmares after tonight. If it had been boxing he’d have been put out his misery after 3 rounds and too many unanswered punches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here