Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk to join Fulham this week?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Apologies if already mentioned but it would appear that Fulham have bid in excess of £2m for Tim Ream of Bolton. Maybe they want Ream and LD but perhaps Ream is an alternative. We shall see I suppose.

I hope he decides to live in Brentwood if he signs for Fulham ;-)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Here's more on Fulham being linked with centre back and US international Tim Ream

Bolton News' correspondent

[tweet]631219401602256896[/tweet]

Bolton News story

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/13588643.Fulham_make_bid_for_Wanderers_defender_Tim_Ream/

FULHAM have officially joined the fight to sign Wanderers defender Tim Ream.
Neil Lennon confirmed after tonight’s 1-0 defeat to Burton Albion that the Cottagers have submitted a bid for the US international, which has been rejected.
It is understood that QPR have also upped their offer today for the 27-year-old – but they too have failed to meet the asking price, which is believed to be £2million.
“There has been an original bid from QPR and now there is one from Fulham,” Lennon told The Bolton News. “He’s not for sale. And neither club has reached the valuation of the player.
Asked whether he had a valuation for the versatile defender, who has been voted Wanderers’ player of the year for consecutive seasons, Lennon said he would have no say in the “magic number.”
“That’s a question you’d have to ask the board, the chairman or the owner. I won’t be making that decision,” he added.
“Once he’s fit, he’ll be part of my plans this season.”

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Im on a bit of a roll at the moment,39 on Ken Bruces Pop Master this morning, and I don't think Dunk is going anywhere this season.

There, I've said it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Im on a bit of a roll at the moment,39 on Ken Bruces Pop Master this morning, and I don't think Dunk is going anywhere this season.

There, I've said it.
Good. Unless a PL team comes in for him, a pay rise should be enough to keep him, and is a lot easier than trying to bring someone else in as a replacement.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Good. Unless a PL team comes in for him, a pay rise should be enough to keep him, and is a lot easier than trying to bring someone else in as a replacement.

Yup, my good feeling extends to no PL team wanting an unproven cb, who would seriously be a bit of a punt. Weall(and Gus) thought Bridcutt and Buckley would be successful in the big boys league, and that hasn't really ended very well at all

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Neither of those two are subject to bids as far as I'm aware, plus the new keeper and Holla/Caskey need minutes. Playing Greer and resting Dunk seems to be the wrong way round of doing things, surely you'd rest the player in his mid thirties before a twenty four year old (subject to knocks/illness). I would imagine Greers age means he recovers more slowly after matches?
Greer as the older, more experienced player to mentor and coach young Rea through his debut?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Williamson is an awful player, I hope Hughton has learned from his mistake with Best and doesn't bring him in just because he knew him at Newcastle.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Swapping Dunk for Williamson would be like taking your lovely diamond ring to a pawn shop and then buying back some Cubic Zirconia on a thick, Bobby George style gold plated chain that had been dipped in dogshit.

It would genuinely be the only transfer this summer I'd be disappointed in.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Williamson is an awful player, I hope Hughton has learned from his mistake with Best and doesn't bring him in just because he knew him at Newcastle.

Seen this on here a few times and fair enough but is he really ?

Surely you don't play 150 premier league games if you are that bad.

Dropping down to championship surely he would be decent. Surely

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I have no idea what Williamson is like.

Does anyone have a good word to say about him ? ???

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If Dunk does go (and if Newcastle are interested this is far more likely) then we'd need another CB to replace him and this would be a decent way to get it done without impacting on our other transfer targets. Have to say I am not aware of how good or really bad Williamson is, but if he is as bad as people say expect GG and Uwe to be the starters with Williamson as back up.

If we get £4-5mill plus a replacement back up and we then sign one or two quality wingers on the back of this then this deal could be a good.

Whilst I think we should resist a Fulham bid I cannot see us holding off PL interest, it's too good an opportunity for lewis and at Newcastle he'd play.

Personally hope he stays though.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Seen this on here a few times and fair enough but is he really ?

Surely you don't play 150 premier league games if you are that bad.

Dropping down to championship surely he would be decent. Surely

I agree with you, I think Williamson would be a decent defender in the Championship.

I would be happy to have him as one of our 3 experienced centre halfs.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
If Williamson looks terrible in the prem so be it but look at Buckley and Bridcutt. They look terrible too. I reckon he would be more than good enough at Championship level. The gulf between the two is vast.
£4m + Williamson for Dunk and i would be satisfied

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here