Dunk to join Fulham this week?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dunk missing the match tonight looks ominous. We surely won't sell to a championship club......

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We're never going to sell him while we have no replacement.

#mummyimadeajoke

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
True, but Dunk omitted from the squad completely. Surely he didn't need resting if Greer didn't.

It's only ominous when bids have been accepted & then transfers can fall through for various reasons like Clayton & Grabban.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hopefully it was for tactical reasons and he'll see out his contract here. He's good and improving.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockdale and Stephens were also dropped from the squad entirely.
Neither of those two are subject to bids as far as I'm aware, plus the new keeper and Holla/Caskey need minutes. Playing Greer and resting Dunk seems to be the wrong way round of doing things, surely you'd rest the player in his mid thirties before a twenty four year old (subject to knocks/illness). I would imagine Greers age means he recovers more slowly after matches?

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Dunk didnt seem bothered about us rejecting the previous bids for him as on his tv interview vs Notts forest after the game, he said very postitive things and that he hopes we stay top all way through year, this isnt the comments of a guy who is about to jump ship to another team in the same division.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Neither of those two are subject to bids as far as I'm aware, plus the new keeper and Holla/Caskey need minutes. Playing Greer and resting Dunk seems to be the wrong way round of doing things, surely you'd rest the player in his mid thirties before a twenty four year old (subject to knocks/illness). I would imagine Greers age means he recovers more slowly after matches?

Or this new signing (German lad) Hughton is intending on replacing Greer and playing him with Dunk so has the bigger picture in mind ? Greer will still play a decent part but has lost some pace and not able to play 40 games a year at the standard we need, 20 yes and then other performances as a sub, but this lad has been bought to play with Dunk if we get a stupid offer of say 7-8 million we will sell him and so we should as improve overall squad with these funds. Sometimes way to progress is sell intelligently and invest well.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Stockdale and Stephens were also dropped from the squad entirely.

True, but we did have another keeper and centre mid on the bench if they were needed. To completely drop Dunk and not have a centre back on the bench to me would suggest he is either on his way or injured. If anything had happened to either starting centre back his omission could have been seen as very short sighted if without reason.
Best of luck Lewis, thanks for the memories.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Dunk didnt seem bothered about us rejecting the previous bids for him as on his tv interview vs Notts forest after the game, he said very postitive things and that he hopes we stay top all way through year, this isnt the comments of a guy who is about to jump ship to another team in the same division.

He's hardly going to say I hope Brighton finish second to Fulham is he?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
True, but we did have another keeper and centre mid on the bench if they were needed. To completely drop Dunk and not have a centre back on the bench to me would suggest he is either on his way or injured. If anything had happened to either starting centre back his omission could have been seen as very short sighted if without reason.
Best of luck Lewis, thanks for the memories.

Could be that Hughton is planning to chuck Hünemeier straight in at CB alongside Dunk on Saturday and thought it'd be best to keep him fresh for that and allow Bruno/Ince/Rosenior to cover if necessary?

Wishful thinking perhaps..

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
If I were Dunk I would only leave to go to a Premiership side. A good one at that.
Born and bred in Brighton.
Still lives and has family in the area.
Playing at one of the best set ups outside the Prem.
Local hero.

To leave would be a massive gamble.

Fulham???

That would be insane.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why would we leave other options to pursue bidding for Marshall anyway?
Because if one player is you first choice, it would be daft to bring someone else in so that you no longer have need for your first choice, unless you know you can't get him.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Apologies if already mentioned but it would appear that Fulham have bid in excess of £2m for Tim Ream of Bolton. Maybe they want Ream and LD but perhaps Ream is an alternative. We shall see I suppose.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Apologies if already mentioned but it would appear that Fulham have bid in excess of £2m for Tim Ream of Bolton. Maybe they want Ream and LD but perhaps Ream is an alternative. We shall see I suppose.

Sadly Fulham won't be the only team wanting Dunk, so even that won't quell the speculation for now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports