Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk to join Fulham this week?

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
Just seen this:

yesterday the Sunday Mirror was championing the suggestion that Kit Symons is to continue to pursue the player and Fulham could be prepared to back their boss with an increased bid.

Apparently a fee in the region of £5 million will be offered to the south-coast side with a view to persuading them that it is a bid too good to turn down.

By some strange kind of irony, Fulham entertain Brighton this coming Saturday in a Championship game, could a deal be wrapped up before then?

Stranger things have happened!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=408706#ixzz3iRYbm1Or

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We'd be idiots to sell to Fulham before the match on Saturday, and not too bright if we don't wait to see if a PL team like Newcastle or Everton will pay more closer to transfer deadline day.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
We'd be idiots to sell to Fulham before the match on Saturday, and not too bright if we don't wait to see if a PL team like Newcastle or Everton will pay more closer to transfer deadline day.

I just don't understand the reasoning of people who think we should sell - and certainly not for £5M. Didn't Fulham just sell a kid to Liverpool for £11M? If Fulham come back it should be for all of that plus £5M on top.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Its not good business to sell him for 5 million now.
We need him. It will deflate the club morale and ambition.
And there is deadline day and other clubs to push price up higher.
He is getting better and is our star player.

Can't believe others would have sold him at 3 mill.

Besides what do supporters gain from selling there best players without replacements. It's like they are playing championship manager. Sorry we only support and watch our team players in this game.

FFP might of made sense if the penalties were shared like they were meant to be. No point sticking to a plan when it ultimately is costing us. I can't help think that if FFP didn't exist we might of got promoted.

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
I just don't understand the reasoning of people who think we should sell - and certainly not for £5M. Didn't Fulham just sell a kid to Liverpool for £11M? If Fulham come back it should be for all of that plus £5M on top.

Patrick Roberts went to Man City for undisclosed but rumoured to be that sum.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
maybe that's where some or a lot of the Ulloa money went

Tony Bloom said last September "where the Ulloa money went"

"We invest some of [the transfer] money [on the playing budget] but we didn’t spend it all, and some went on the huge costs we have here.
“It helps with financial fair play, but it’s not the main thing. We lose a lot of money each year, approximately £10 million so if we reduce those losses and have a very good squad then that’s even better."
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/bloom-pleased-after-summer-window-1895918.aspx

So effectively it goes on reducing the £51m of losses that Bloom's coughed up for since 2009 because he's allowed the various managers to assemble squads that costs at the moment £21m+ a year.in wages...
http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/brighton-and-hove-albion-love-at-pier.html

thats where its gone.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Everyone seems to be banging on about how much we should or should not sell him for but wasn't there mention of a £5m buyout clause. If any club offer that then they can speak to him and I would imagine we can't demand a higher fee.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Everyone seems to be banging on about how much we should or should not sell him for but wasn't there mention of a £5m buyout clause. If any club offer that then they can speak to him and I would imagine we can't demand a higher fee.

Is that figure someone's guess or has someone (on here) inside knowledge of Dunk's contract and posted about it?

- I'd say that it was likely just a guess or throwaway comment (ie, what if he has a £5m release clause ....)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Tony Bloom said last September "where the Ulloa money went"

"We invest some of [the transfer] money [on the playing budget] but we didn’t spend it all, and some went on the huge costs we have here.
“It helps with financial fair play, but it’s not the main thing. We lose a lot of money each year, approximately £10 million so if we reduce those losses and have a very good squad then that’s even better."
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/bloom-pleased-after-summer-window-1895918.aspx

So effectively it goes on reducing the £51m of losses that Bloom's coughed up for since 2009 because he's allowed the various managers to assemble squads that costs at the moment £21m+ a year.in wages...
http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/brighton-and-hove-albion-love-at-pier.html

thats where its gone.

So what's to say that if we were to ever sell Dunk, that the money we receive will go towards the playing budget only, a percentage of it could go toward covering the losses again and those expecting it to fund 2 or 3 signings will be very disappointed

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have always thought and said the fee for Dunk should be 5m+
I have changed my mind 7.5m otherwise we should keep him unless he wants to go to a premier side

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Is that figure someone's guess or has someone (on here) inside knowledge of Dunk's contract and posted about it?

- I'd say that it was likely just a guess or throwaway comment (ie, what if he has a £5m release clause ....)

I'm been told that Dunk is on £6k, Fulham have offered him £22k & unsurprisingly he is not adverse to having to cope with the extra lump under his mattress

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So what's to say that if we were to ever sell Dunk, that the money we receive will go towards the playing budget only, a percentage of it could go toward covering the losses again and those expecting it to fund 2 or 3 signings will be very disappointed

They might be disappointed but they shouldn't be surprised.

Tony Bloom has never said anything other than his desire for the club to get as close to self-sufficiency as possible.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'm been told that Dunk is on £6k, Fulham have offered him £22k & unsurprisingly he is not adverse to having to cope with the extra lump under his mattress

So the usual period between when an offer is accepted and a move which is normally when the player and buying club say they are talking terms isn't really all down to contract negotiations at all as we would normally be led to believe but it is really a load of rubbish as it has already been decided and agreed upon between the buying club and the player before the selling club agreed to sell and it's all really just a smoke screen to hide the fact it had already been decided and approved by the buying club and player? (despite the buying club supposedly not having the ability to discuss this with the player until the transfer price is accepted by both clubs first)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

I think that if you had a track record of proven knowledge you might just about get away with one of the two main elements of that assertion. To my knowledge you don't and the probability of you being in a position to "know" both parts are even more remote.
On the balance of probability therefore I will lean towards filing it under "total bullshit"
I have no idea how much Dunk or any other Brighton player earns. If everything I've read on here over the years tells me anything it is that I am in good, not to say universal, company in that respect.
Equally I have no reason to doubt that Dunk could earn more at Fulham. How much more I have not a clue. Much I suspect as everyone else on here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Club need to um and err a bit and spin this transfer into next week, if it's going to happen at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here