Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk to join Fulham this week?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What if a Championship club offers us £50m for him? Silly figure, I know, but I'm illustrating a point. There is an unknown value where the club go "that's a decent return, we'll take that."

What is Lewis Dunk says he wants to leave to a Championship club, presumably for a big pay rise? What if he "does a Bridcutt", loses focus and becomes a liability to us?

Never say never.

On the other hand we could spend all our time on what if's .....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would the club really be shortsighted and stupid enough to sell our prize asset just a few days before the start of the new season? I fear the answer to this is yes.
No, I doubt it.

Perhaps before transfer deadline day, or only if a replacement has been singed.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
As good as Dunk is, if we get £4m+ for him we should sell him but ONLY if we're well on the way to finding a replacement. That said, for all the complaints about the success of our youth system, we do have a very good track record of bringing in first team centre backs. Dunk will not be the last.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So Fulhan would be able to get the players they want before season start, but for us it's very, very, very difficult ? ???

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Either way I would put in an offer for Tommy Elphick as they have signed CB and I think he will struggle in the Premier plus apparently upset team mates by saying they have to get used to losing and not winning every week.

He's the captain and has an opportunity to play premier league football. More than likely his dream since childhood. I would be amazed if he left them to come to Brighton.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Wouldn't be surprised if Dunk left

Given the limited investment in the squad so far this season there's not a lot to make him stay. We're hardly showing much ambition but perhaps things will change in the next few days. I can't really believe that we'll go into the Forest game with our current side.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
If we sell him then at least we know the club have no interest in promotion

Why? The club must have a plan in place if he was to leave. Targets would have been identified. If we got 5m for Dunk and that enabled to get two central defenders in for say 1.5m each, plus got th Marshall deal over the line. We'd still have further money left for additional players. What's not to like about that? I appreciate its getting very late in the day and the start of the season is on us. The sale of dunk could mean we have a much better squad and chances of staying up/promotion.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why? The club must have a plan in place if he was to leave. Targets would have been identified. If we got 5m for Dunk and that enabled to get two central defenders in for say 1.5m each, plus got th Marshall deal over the line. We'd still have further money left for additional players. What's not to like about that? I appreciate its getting very late in the day and the start of the season is on us. The sale of dunk could mean we have a much better squad and chances of staying up/promotion.

Can I have some of your happy pills please? Your optimism is admirable.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
So Fulhan would be able to get the players they want before season start, but for us it's very, very, very difficult ? ???

So Fulham, with their parachute payments are able to get players in?

Less than a week to the start of the season and they are (apparently) still trying to buy Dunk - does that sound like they have done all their transfer window business already? or like us, still looking to strengthen their squad this close to the start of the season?

I say the latter, but it can't be, as that is the stick used to beat the Albion with and i was therefore under the impression that we were unique in leaving it late.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Given the limited investment in the squad so far this season there's not a lot to make him stay. We're hardly showing much ambition but perhaps things will change in the next few days. I can't really believe that we'll go into the Forest game with our current side.

Just four days to go, so leaving it a bit late.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Either way I would put in an offer for Tommy Elphick as they have signed CB and I think he will struggle in the Premier plus apparently upset team mates by saying they have to get used to losing and not winning every week.
Are you saying that Bournemouth will upset his team mates at Bournemouth by saying that, so we can get him?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
So Fulham, with their parachute payments are able to get players in?

Less than a week to the start of the season and they are (apparently) still trying to buy Dunk - does that sound like they have done all their transfer window business already? or like us, still looking to strengthen their squad this close to the start of the season?

I say the latter, but it can't be, as that is the stick used to beat the Albion with and i was therefore under the impression that we were unique in leaving it late.

We have not signed anyone that will help us create more goals, a 5 year old could tell you that was priority number 1 this close season. So it looks like we go into the new season with the same issues as we finished the last. Those issues meant that our last 6 out of 7 games were goalless and the one game we did score in, I believe was a penalty.

There's a difference between having it all done and ensuring you are adequately equipped to give yourselves a chance of being competitive In August, time will tell but it would seem that the start of this season looks like a Terrible extension of last season. And people have every right to be concerned about that. I pay to watch football and be entertained, watching paint dry would have been more entertaining than watching Brighton at the end of last season.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

The evidence from previous high value transfers out of the club is that the money is not re-invested in new players. God (or Ernest) alone knows where the money goes but what makes you think it would be any different if Dunk was sold for big bucks???

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The evidence from previous high value transfers out of the club is that the money is not re-invested in new players. God (or Ernest) alone knows where the money goes but what makes you think it would be any different if Dunk was sold for big bucks???

Quite.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
We have not signed anyone that will help us create more goals, a 5 year old could tell you that was priority number 1 this close season. So it looks like we go into the new season with the same issues as we finished the last. Those issues meant that our last 6 out of 7 games were goalless and the one game we did score in, I believe was a penalty.

There's a difference between having it all done and ensuring you are adequately equipped to give yourselves a chance of being competitive In August, time will tell but it would seem that the start of this season looks like a Terrible extension of last season. And people have every right to be concerned about that. I pay to watch football and be entertained, watching paint dry would have been more entertaining than watching Brighton at the end of last season.

We are aware that the club have been trying to address this (Marshall, the Iranian lad, etc...)

We didn't have March last season who was injured so that's like having a new signing and hopefully Kaz will be fit all season too.

However that wasn't the point of the post i made, it was to show that Fulham weren't finished either if they are still looking to buy Dunk so they feel their defence is too weak for this season and they haven't been able to recruit for that area yet (just like we haven't with our wingers & cb - and seeing we need a cb, why would we weaken ourselves even further by selling Dunk?)

Reading some peoples posts on here, you'd think we are unique in failing to get all our business done by this stage in pre-season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here