Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk out until January!?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Often go hand in hand and if that’s the case then it’s more likely 12 weeks than six if it’s a tear. Balls

A meniscus tear on the outside of the cartilage can actually heal on its own with a bit of rest. A more severe tear key hole surgery can take less than an hour's surgery and you can be back training within a couple of weeks, especially someone who has really good muscle structure around the knee. If it was a bad tear then he'd have already been in for surgery I'd imagine, the fact he was at the ground in Southampton might suggest theyre hoping a bit of rest may settle it down.

I tore mine in 1994, kept recovering over say a month, then might play for 6 weeks, then it would go again. This carried on for a year or so until the consultant finally decided to have a look inside. He feared it was ligaments, but the good news was it was a torn meniscus that he was able to repair. I was back playing approx. 6 weeks or so post op. Plays havoc with me now though, always aching and gets a bit of fluid swelling every now and again.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea
From that link:

"The knee joint contains two types of cartilage: articular and meniscus."

I think it's been common in order to differentiate between articular and meniscus cartilages in the knee is to call the articular 'cartilage' and the meniscus cartilage 'meniscus'. They're both cartilages though.

That’s fair enough. I think damage to one is different to damage to the other though. I work in the orthopaedic field so am probably a bit pedantic

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Glad to see we've moved on from being Global Finance and Pandemic experts and now evolve as Orthopaedic cognoscenti.

I know, it never ceases to make me smile inwardly at all the so called experts on here.

I'm sure that NSC is awash with brain surgeons and rocket scientists should the need arise.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That’s fair enough. I think damage to one is different to damage to the other though. I work in the orthopaedic field so am probably a bit pedantic

Totally agree, that's what I posted to Barnham's Tash above, I had an arthroscopy with an unknown diagnosis at that point, and the outcome of a meniscus tear was according to my consultant the better of possible outcomes he'd considered simply because the tear was quite neat, he trimmed it off and everything else looked okay.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Bloody hell fire. Without doubt our biggest loss. Time for those on the fringes to really show their value in this squad.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I have absolutely no doubt that we'll cause as many problems as injury stricken teams always appear to do to us.

Jul 7, 2003
Three arth, two with repairs, one microfracture, one partial replacement all on the same knee over four years. Also has bone spurs removed from the ankle joint on the same leg during that period. Every time went back to play football as quickly as possible afterwards until the PKR which stopped me for a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here