• Dunk

Votes: 189 81.8%
  • Greer

Votes: 42 18.2%

• Total voters

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I've been saying all season I'd rather Dunk play than Greer.

Hopefully he will get a run. I think having a few games and hopefully a full season playing along side Matthew Upson will be the best thing that could ever happen to Dunk.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gordon for me. Dunk will be first choice in time but not now. He was great Tue tho'.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I'm a fan of big Gordy when he gets the laser sight on his raking through balls for Buckley adjusted correctly. Inspirational skipper and his pairing with Upson has been key to our tight defence this season, but Dunk was superb on Tuesday and deserves to keep the shirt. If this return to the classy style he hinted he had in him a couple of years back isn't given games to flourish and grow, we'll lose him to a team who WILL play him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Dunk really needs a run of games in the team, and will not let us down.

Greer to take time on the bench for a bit.

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Dunk as soon as our fate is decided, and full time from next year. We need GG's leadership and experience in the run in.

Dec 29, 2011
Dunk as soon as our fate is decided, and full time from next year. We need GG's leadership and experience in the run in.

How about playing a defender who has tons of ability, and will know what a good opportunity this is to cement himself a a first team spot next season? If Greer thinks there is no competition for his place, his performances may start getting worse.

Interesting that Dunk got next to no criticism for allowing Sagbo a free shot in the cup game - turned out to be a very fateful error in the end. Good though that fans are so forgiving of a young defender's mistakes

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Interesting that Dunk got next to no criticism for allowing Sagbo a free shot in the cup game - turned out to be a very fateful error in the end. Good though that fans are so forgiving of a young defender's mistakes

Would Greer really have done any better? Probably not. It's true he made a mistake but he also had a superb game. One mistake, however costly, should not detract from his overall performance.

Would Greer really have done any better? Probably not. It's true he made a mistake but he also had a superb game. One mistake, however costly, should not detract from his overall performance.

Yes, I don't think Greer would have went to ground so easily. I have to say that a mistake should detract from any performance, whether it be Greer or Dunk. Not saying Greer hasn't made mistakes this season obviously!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yes, I don't think Greer would have went to ground so easily. I have to say that a mistake should detract from any performance, whether it be Greer or Dunk. Not saying Greer hasn't made mistakes this season obviously!

Not sure that Greer ever goes to ground just baulks and pulls

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Whatever Oscar decides is best for the Albion, I just hope it does not include 'pissing off ' Lewis Dunk as he has so much potential and GG is, it has to be said , yesterdays man.

I very much agree with those who have stated (the obvious) of LD learning from Matthew Upson and I couldn't agree more with that sentiment.

If during the remainder of this season it becomes apparent that we would not reach the play offs then I sincerely hope that Oscar will 'blood' as many of our youngsters as he possibly can as that is surely the way forward.

So, with regard to Saturday, I will be disappointed if Dunk does not retain his place for now.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Reading Oscar's comments on the Argus online it seems fairly certain that Greer will come straight back in. Seems harsh on Dunk who was near faultless Tuesday and kept a very strong side at bay limiting them to long range pot shots for the most part.

I've got no concerns that Greer plays, his club captain and a fine player but I would feel pretty aggrieved if I was Dunk he really could have done no more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here