• Greer

Votes: 42 18.2%

• Total voters

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Greer; get rid.

Sorry, but that's a ridiculous post. whilst admitting that Greer hasn't exactly been on top form for the last few games he is still playing well enough to warrant his inclusion in our starting line-up, is an inspirational figure and of course our captain. Yes Lewis did very well as his stand in last night, and is possibly the man who will take over from him, but not quite yet.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Dunk should be given a chance as Greer cost us 2 points against Reading, Dunk's performance last night was decent and he is only going to learn from Upson.

Greer s first choice for me, but doesnt mean Dunk shouldnt get a chance.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Dunk for me but pretty sure GG will be straight back in. The experience of playing next to Upson for the rest of the season would bring him on leaps & bounds.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Dunk is the future. Don't think he should be dropped after being one of our best players last night, but I'll trust Oscar in whatever he decides to do.

This. I'd go with Dunk on Saturday. But if Oscar thinks otherwise, then I'm wrong.
By the way, when is his contract to?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No doubt there will be some people still churning out the theory that Dunk gives up at least one howler a game based purely on his sending off at Selhurst while ignoring similar mistakes from Greer.

Indeed. Let's not forget why Dunk got his chance last night.

I'd definitely pick Dunk from now on, as he appears to have leapt back to the classy player he looked like when he first got into the first team and is getting better. Greer scares the life out of me at least once a game when he seems unable to decide which way to pass (and always opts for backwards and into trouble).

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
If Dunk is the future - (maybe ? ) but Greer is now.. A very effective centre half both as a ball player and a leader.

Scooter put it well about Dunk
However, he is prone to lapses in concentration and could just as easily f**k it up royally 30 seconds after making a heroic tackle

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I voted Dunk, but with Saturday's game in mind only. Harsh to drop him after playing so well.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Club Captain won't be dropped.
Dunk's time is coming, though. Next year he'll be first choice.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Very close run choice. I have plumped for Greer. I can't get the Palace sending off out of my mind.

It really depends who plays defensive midfield. If Andrews is covering I tend to prefer Dunk.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Defense is at least as much brains as feet. Pace isn't everything...

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Dunk was actually superb against Hull too when we lost. I think he looks a much more confident player on top of the technical ability he has always had. I think his time has come and I would be more comfortable with him than Greer for the rest of the season.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
this

The Greer hate is foolish - him + upson are statistically the best centre backs in the division. Dunk is the future and was excellent tonight but Greer is a top championship centre back, one of our best players and captain

Of course this is right ,how can people write of and nit pick a defence like ours ,there isnt a championship manager that wouldnt have Greer in his squad .Yes Dunk is the future perhaps and he had a good game and as a player I do like him ,but its Greer for me at the moment ,the stats dont lie .

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't hate Greer, but he's not exactly inspiring an attacking brand of football. Maybe if he realises he isn't guaranteed a place he'll step it up a bit.

You've got to give Dunk another crack of the whip.

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
Indeed. Let's not forget why Dunk got his chance last night.

I'd definitely pick Dunk from now on, as he appears to have leapt back to the classy player he looked like when he first got into the first team and is getting better. Greer scares the life out of me at least once a game when he seems unable to decide which way to pass (and always opts for backwards and into trouble).

This, but it might be more than once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here