Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk ‘handball’

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It's a nailed on handball by Dunk but only under the current guidelines which we all thought were being revised over the summer. He's looking totally the wrong way and ricochets on to his elbow.

To make it even more ridiculous just seen MOTD and again under the current admittedly daft guidance that should still be a handball given against Declan Rice. At least let's be consistent in giving stupid penalties!

For balance I thought our penalty was a little soft and could have been overturned

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's a nailed on handball by Dunk but only under the current guidelines which we all thought were being revised over the summer. He's looking totally the wrong way and ricochets on to his elbow.

To make it even more ridiculous just seen MOTD and again under the current admittedly daft guidance that should still be a handball given against Declan Rice. At least let's be consistent in giving stupid penalties!

For balance I thought our penalty was a little soft and could have been overturned
I thought the guidance was it can hit the hand / arm if it’s in a natural position. Which a sliding Dunk was. So I don’t see it as a pen? Yes ours wasn’t either but was more a pen than the Dunk one nonetheless…

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Am I the only one that doesn’t mind this rule ? Removes any ambiguity now rather than what was ‘deliberate’ or not

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just seen the ball hit Tarkowski on the elbow but no penalty given. Looked more of a penalty than the Dunk one. It is the lack of consistency that is frustrating!
I’m less bothered about inconsistency across different games as long as the ref is consistent over 90 mins. Yesterday we got a soft pen and that was cancelled out by their soft pen, so no real complaints.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m less bothered about inconsistency across different games as long as the ref is consistent over 90 mins. Yesterday we got a soft pen and that was cancelled out by their soft pen, so no real complaints.
I think you’ll find that the ref ‘cancelled out’ our soft penalty by not giving us the one just before Adingra scored. It was blatant as Joao Pedro was cleared out properly this time with the player’s legs rather than the attempted clothes line he got the original decision for.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think you’ll find that the ref ‘cancelled out’ our soft penalty by not giving us the one just before Adingra scored. It was blatant as Joao Pedro was cleared out properly this time with the player’s legs rather than the attempted clothes line he got the original decision for.
I have a feeling that VAR would’ve given that one if we hadn’t scored.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I suppose that we should be thankful that they didn’t rule out Adingra’s effort making us take a penalty we may have missed.
Yeh, the ref’s incorrect decision to not give the pen on-field meant that we were effectively benefiting from an advantage rule.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here