Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk ‘handball’

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It shouldn't be given, but it is under the rules. And it's wrong.

That said, there was nothing in the Pedro penalty either. Had it not been given VAR would not have awarded it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Thank f*** that didn’t cost us, as that decision was an utter joke.
Howard Webb can come up with as much shiny new policy bollox as he wants.....

Refs can get it wrong in real time, but those utter pillocks in Stockley Park are nothing short of incompetent.

They seem more keen to double down and protect the refs reputation than get crucial decisions right.

It was a ludicrous decision. But the real crime is that VAR approved it.

VAR has become a total inconsistent shambles under Howard Webb, we don't need ref audio, or TV highlights shows, we need competent officiating in VAR.

Mich more of this, then he needs to go.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If Howard Webb hasn't already blocked out every Monday morning in his diary to visit the Albion, he should probably get on with it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At home with a throat infection, I watched Soccer Saturday which now features the erstwhile Mike Dean. He said it wasn’t a penalty as Dunk’s arm was behind him in a natural position.
Reference the Pedro penalty, he said, he’s seen them given and not given so stayed neutral on that decision.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It shouldn't be given, but it is under the rules. And it's wrong.

That said, there was nothing in the Pedro penalty either. Had it not been given VAR would not have awarded it.
Far be it from me to defend the refs, but, after looking at the highlights, I think you're correct. It's a ridiculous rule but Dunk's arms were outstretched. Probably a pen. Pedro's was very soft but again I'm quite happy for VAR not to get involved as there was contact.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
VAR is a clown show, what’s new.

The referee was miles away when he gave it as well, there’s not a single chance he could see that, that being said from my angle in the north the Pedro penalty decision was very very soft.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Was there any chance the ref was trying to balance the books? I can see why ours was given, but wasn't a stonewall decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here