Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk ‘handball’

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
VAR remains clueless if you look at Brentford's penalty today. The referee quite correctly waives the penalty away although you do wonder how well he sees it. However, VAR has a look and overturns the referee and gives it. Unfortunately, the VAR just seems to focus on whether there was contact and there clearly is. What it misses is that after the 'Gross turn ' and the contact there's a big delay and in a totally separate movement the Brentford player goes to ground having actually steadied himself perfectly. He's conned them and VAR should have spotted it.
However - nice to see Spurs get a dodgy VAR decision against them!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
But even out wide with an open goal that would be a goal scoring opportunity I would have thought
Possibly but "professional foul" isn't a thing.

Though in this instance he wasn't the last Man and the ball going towards the corner flag.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Well well Chelsea getting away with one there 😡
Absolutely! Don't try and tell me there isn't " big club" decisions. Do I think it was a deliberate handball? The answer is no but under the current guidance and for critically for consistency it should be given.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Different game but I can’t believe Martinez for Villa didn’t get a red card for running out of his area and deliberately pulling a player down who was going past him and very likely to score.

The funny thing is that half of Villatalk feel they lost yesterday due to corrupt ref and VAR. Emery and the players were gods yesterday, cheated out of a result.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutely! Don't try and tell me there isn't " big club" decisions. Do I think it was a deliberate handball? The answer is no but under the current guidance and for critically for consistency it should be given.

It’s refs/VAR unconsciously favouring big clubs. “I’m not sure, oh I wouldn’t want to deal with the furore if I got this wrong against Manure/Chelsea/Abu Dhabi”.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
VAR remains clueless if you look at Brentford's penalty today. The referee quite correctly waives the penalty away although you do wonder how well he sees it. However, VAR has a look and overturns the referee and gives it. Unfortunately, the VAR just seems to focus on whether there was contact and there clearly is. What it misses is that after the 'Gross turn ' and the contact there's a big delay and in a totally separate movement the Brentford player goes to ground having actually steadied himself perfectly. He's conned them and VAR should have spotted it.
Agreed - dunno how that was given. There can be a little contact without it being a foul & it was a clear dive with two stages.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It appears to me that there were clear handballs against Arsenal, Everton and Chelski this weekend. None of them given, yet surprise surprise!, they give the one against Dunk.

I see this season has started exactly where last season left off, likely with us topping the referees apology table again.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
The handball rule is a mess across the board. If you think it's bad in the Prem, try watching La Liga where there's zero consistency with handballs being given. Dunk's would've been a stonewaller here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here