Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk: Amex needs to be cauldron against Marseille

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I do wonder if it's lots of new people coming in this year, or people moving North out of other areas as it's cheaper? Or turfed out of the family stand as their kids grow up? Definitely something seems different.
I'm not sure, I've been there at least 5 sessions and seems to have been the same the whole time. When I was in East Upper, the noise seemed to come from the NW side, which is why I moved there.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
well I have covid and usually frequent NF1 but it seems I am not welcome there anymore, I will be spreading my germs loud and proud in the East tonight, I think a frantic start could actually get the crowd going tonight, finishing top is massive and most folks I have talked too, seem to be excited about tonight.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Something that doesn’t apply at many other grounds where fans get vocally behind the team regardless. Never understand that logic. There should be an atmosphere regardless.
You are new to Nsc, or appear to be. Fans at the Amex blame the North Stand. The North stand blames the other stands for not joining in, and each other for singing different chants.

Just for clarification, this post is tongue in cheek. 👅

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree with @Stat Brother

It absolutely should NOT be down to the team. It should be the other way round with us motivating them to the domination that will then continue the atmosphere. We did it against Sheffield Weds, we did it against Chelsea, we sometimes do it against Palace. We absolutely have to against Marseille.

If you're not intending to make some noise tonight, don't bother turning up.

And, North Stand, all TOGETHER because no one else gives a t'uppeny f**k for your fragile ego.
As someone who is on the east side of the North Stand, I can't actually hear what A,B, and C blocks are singing. The sound doesn't travel well.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If he wants noise, tell the team to score goals.
It’s this exact attitude why our atmosphere is generally poor. Places like Marseille just have that mentality the other way around.

That’s not a dig by the way, it’s just stating a fact.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s this exact attitude why our atmosphere is generally poor. Places like Marseille just have that mentality the other way around.

That’s not a dig by the way, it’s just stating a fact.
Away games are always better. Always have been and always will be. That's a fact. Booze helps.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
well I have covid and usually frequent NF1 but it seems I am not welcome there anymore, I will be spreading my germs loud and proud in the East tonight, I think a frantic start could actually get the crowd going tonight, finishing top is massive and most folks I have talked too, seem to be excited about tonight.
Covid in the East stand? Won't somebody think of the children old folk? :lolol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I am in North under control box and trust me, we cannot hear the other side of the North. It needs to be the guys in the middle that start it off, so both sides can hear. Maybe both sides should force the people in the middle out and we both move in, just like the always ultras did! 🤣
People laughed at Palace for that, but it’s exactly what would need to happen for the Amex to get a consistently good atmosphere.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Away games are always better. Always have been and always will be. That's a fact. Booze helps.
It does. But Marseille at their place was absolutely deafening even before kickoff. It’s just a completely different attitude.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
What would help is to bin off that annoying music playing right up until the ball is kicked. It’s SHIT. I thought it had stopped a while ago but seems to have started again this season. There is no chance of any songs building up the atmos with that bollocks blasting out.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
It's all down to the team really. Come out all guns blazing, the cauldron will boil and broil. Come out, stand on the ball and pass it languidly around the centre circle for longer than is decent and the cauldron will go off the boil pretty quickly. Your call, Captain Dunky

This is true, but it's a shame that it has to be this way.

Would be great if the Amex crowd would make noise and inspire the team, regardless of how they're performing.

It would be ideal as we know it affects performances. Some of the best performances have happened BECAUSE the Amex was rocking.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Hopefully Dunk won’t spend the first 5 minutes rolling the ball between the back 4 then , losing any cauldron atmosphere immediately.

High tempo and the crowd will rise to the occasion

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
The acoustics at the Amex are very weird. I find the constant whining about the atmosphere really tiresome. It really isn't that bad compared to most grounds, yes it can be quiet at times but from my spot in the WSU the atmosphere is mostly fine and occasionally very good indeed.
I feel rhe same. Maybe the acoustics are just decent up there and all the noise goes over everyone else's heads.

Gimp behind us in N1F sings completely diff songs to our right. And they are the same boring chants. He HATES bin men and hates different chants to his. This is all genuine too. Blokes weird. Re tonight, we need to booooo every-time they have the ball, I actually generally do not like this filthy club we are playing, so cannot wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here