Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk: Amex needs to be cauldron against Marseille

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
Margot Robbie Champagne GIF

I'd leave at half time if that was waiting for me at home!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd leave at half time if that was waiting for me at home!
and still be back in time for the second half.

Sure Ms Robbie might be left feeling a little frustrated but that would be very much a 'her' problem not an 'our' problem.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I agree with @Stat Brother

It absolutely should NOT be down to the team. It should be the other way round with us motivating them to the domination that will then continue the atmosphere. We did it against Sheffield Weds, we did it against Chelsea, we sometimes do it against Palace. We absolutely have to against Marseille.

If you're not intending to make some noise tonight, don't bother turning up.

And, North Stand, all TOGETHER because no one else gives a t'uppeny f**k for your fragile ego.
Absolutely this. The rest of the ground won't - can't - join in if they can't even work out what the North is singing because it's just a mush of noise.

Please, please, please. One song at a time, and loud.

And everyone join in, even if the team's a bit flat. In fact, especially if the team's a bit flat.

Sod the flu, give it everything you've got, you can have a lemsip and a sleep tomorrow.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
He's got a damned cheek, expecting anything other than people to sit on their hands and keep schtum until the team does something to warrant a bit of noise.
I mean, it's not as if they've done something worthy like managing the club's highest ever league finish, meaning EUROPEAN football.

It would be fine to expect something if they'd given us something to cheer in Europe already. You know, like going into the last game of a group stage at home, where a win would mean topping the group that contained a couple of European heavyweights...

Maybe we should boo Dunky, just for being so fecking cheeky?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely this. The rest of the ground won't - can't - join in if they can't even work out what the North is singing because it's just a mush of noise.

Please, please, please. One song at a time, and loud.

And everyone join in, even if the team's a bit flat. In fact, especially if the team's a bit flat.

Sod the flu, give it everything you've got, you can have a lemsip and a sleep tomorrow.
As am now in the North there are factors in play that aren't necessarily apparent when in the rest of the stadium.

(This is from screen side but I believe it works both ways)

You just can't hear the other side.
When you can hear it's normally the end of a short chant that isn't then repeated as the noise grows.
Very rarely does one chant start in competition to the other, it feels like different songs a few seconds apart.
Not enough K.I.S,S - tonight is definitely a time to Keep It Simple, Stupid.

If 2 coach loads of Bumley fans can be easily heard in the North.
& a couple of thousand Milan fans can easily be heard from the top of Mt Everest.

There's absolute no excuse to not "Albion, Albion" our way through tonight at a deafening level.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As am now in the North there are factors in play that aren't necessarily apparent when in the rest of the stadium.

When you can hear it's normally the end of a short chant that isn't then repeated as the noise grows.
Very rarely does one chant start in competition to the other, it feels like different songs a few seconds apart.

& a couple of thousand Milan fans can easily be heard from the top of Mt Everest.

There's absolute no excuse to not "Albion, Albion" our way through tonight at a deafening level.
The acoustics at the Amex are very weird. I find the constant whining about the atmosphere really tiresome. It really isn't that bad compared to most grounds, yes it can be quiet at times but from my spot in the WSU the atmosphere is mostly fine and occasionally very good indeed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The acoustics at the Amex are very weird. I find the constant whining about the atmosphere really tiresome. It really isn't that bad compared to most grounds, yes it can be quiet at times but from my spot in the WSU the atmosphere is mostly fine and occasionally very good indeed.
Oh sure, I don't mean acoustically, I mean just mean volume in general.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Cauldron? More likely

Agree, its odd and highly depends on where you sit as the noise does swirl around oddly at times. I remember thinking I was in an alternate universe one match as I could see all the away fans mouths wide open shouting and singing but I couldn't hear a darn tooting thing, it was silent, then a few moments later I could hear them.....

The only think I always hear and wish I couldn't is flipping sweet caroline...who ever is at the stereo and does that needs to be moved to the back of Uzbekistan...

Midget

Aug 16, 2015
Lurking

I do get that there are sometimes problems hearing the other side and I had been giving the benefit of the doubt, until Burnley where it was just so obvious.

There were times when a song was really clear coming from one side of the North, with hardly any other noise going on, and the other side then started up something completely different in competition. There's just no way they couldn't have heard the other song happening.

I hate to say it but I think there is an element of willy-waving going on this season that hasn't been there in the past. Or at best an unwillingness to listen before launching in. I've sat in the same seat since the Amex started and it's never been this bad. It's starting to happen at away games too. It's doing my head in!

Whine over.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Surely it's a bit of both, maybe 70/30 with the fans being 70. We, when I say we, I mean you, as I'm not there tonight ☹️, should start with a huge wall of noise. If the football goes a bit flat, it is up to the fans to try and pick them up but also, at that point it is also up to them to pick themselves and us, you, up.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I do get that there are sometimes problems hearing the other side and I had been giving the benefit of the doubt, until Burnley where it was just so obvious.

There were times when a song was really clear coming from one side of the North, with hardly any other noise going on, and the other side then started up something completely different in competition. There's just no way they couldn't have heard the other song happening.

I hate to say it but I think there is an element of willy-waving going on this season that hasn't been there in the past. Or at best an unwillingness to listen before launching in. I've sat in the same seat since the Amex started and it's never been this bad. It's starting to happen at away games too. It's doing my head in!

Whine over.
I am in North under control box and trust me, we cannot hear the other side of the North. It needs to be the guys in the middle that start it off, so both sides can hear. Maybe both sides should force the people in the middle out and we both move in, just like the always ultras did! 🤣

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In fairness if we do kick out a Calderon of noise the only people who'll feel comfortable will be the Marseille players.
We'll scare the shit out of our own boys.

Midget

Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I am in North under control box and trust me, we cannot hear the other side of the North. It needs to be the guys in the middle that start it off, so both sides can hear. Maybe both sides should force the people in the middle out and we both move in, just like the always ultras did! 🤣
I do wonder if it's lots of new people coming in this year, or people moving North out of other areas as it's cheaper? Or turfed out of the family stand as their kids grow up? Definitely something seems different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here