Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Duke & Duchess of Sussex

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Sorry, no idea what Chicken Run's point is or was, he's been on "Ignore" with the rest of the Ship of Fools for months.

The ship of fools is an allegory, originating from Book VI of Plato's Republic, about a ship with a dysfunctional crew. The allegory is intended to represent the problems of governance prevailing in a political system not based on expert knowledge, such as democracies.

Democracies, well there’s a thing.....

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I strongly disagree with you lumping Anne in with Andrew and Edward. She may not suffer fools gladly but she is one of the very few Royals that gets a big thumbs up from me. Poor woman has to support Scotland in sport too :smile:

Yes i agree and did think at the time that I should not include Anne.
In my defence what I meant was that she is a sibling and not one of the Royals in line for the big chair like Charles, William and stuff.
But she has done a lot of good things and has been a busy royal, also snubbed Trump as well.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Princess Anne is the only royal I have seen in the flesh when she made a tour to Botswana in 2011. She was opening an eye clinic at The Princess Marina public hospital in Gaborone and I saw her get out of a Jaguar with diplomatic plates on with a Union flag above a head lamp, accompanied by 2 police cars, another Jaguar with diplomatic plates, the British High Commissioner, an assistant/lady in waiting and a fat bloke in a suit (presumably her protection officer ) who had a quick little shifty look around the car park before opening the car door for her.

Other parts of her tour were featured on the local TV news, including her speech at the Botswana National Sports Commission annual awards dinner where she was guest of honour and I was actually very impressed and thought she represented this country very well.

She gets a big thumbs up from me as well.

Woman gets out of car and gives speech. Impressive.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hmmm. Junior was out in Afghanistan so knows exactly what he’s talking about.

A shame, then, that all his other posts are trolling nonsense designed to wind up most of the board. I wouldn't blame anyone on here who didn't believe a word he said.

You reap what you sow.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The ship of fools is an allegory, originating from Book VI of Plato's Republic, about a ship with a dysfunctional crew. The allegory is intended to represent the problems of governance prevailing in a political system not based on expert knowledge, such as democracies.

Democracies, well there’s a thing.....

Top copy and paste work

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_fools

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A shame, then, that all his other posts are trolling nonsense designed to wind up most of the board. I wouldn't blame anyone on here who didn't believe a word he said.

You reap what you sow.

I have warned other posters he is a wind up merchant but still they respond.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Maybe, but also to prove how down with the kids he is despite his expensive public school education. He seems totally screwed up about it

He really is a condescending individual who says we should put Brexit behind us and move on. Then spends time making little digs about it and revelling in any misfortune that comes about because we are no longer in the EU.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
So, in short, his new job is being an expert in helping people access support for mental well-being.

Is he the same ginger prick I saw on the telly a couple of weeks ago beside his wife, as she broke down saying she couldn’t find support for her own mental well-being?

Shirley Knott?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Chief Impact Officer... thats a made up nonsense. glorified PR.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It sounds like the Duke has been working there for several months already, he is happy to be called merely 'Harry' and has made a tremendous impact already on the company. Sounds like he's doing an absolutewly teriffic job in the important role of Chief Impact Officer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here