Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Duke & Duchess of Sussex

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The only positive thing about threads like this is it brings out the closet racists in their droves. I am a staunch royalist but it appears the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have made a stellar start to life living independently and are still giving massive amounts back to society which doesn't fit the narrative many want to portray then as which is very, very sad.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The only positive thing about threads like this is it brings out the closet racists in their droves. I am a staunch royalist but it appears the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have made a stellar start to life living independently and are still giving massive amounts back to society which doesn't fit the narrative many want to portray then as which is very, very sad.

This thread has identified an interesting new group; full on, cap doffing, celebrity and royal loving left wingers. Nice work forming that coalition with the usual sycophantic House of Windsor brigade.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

[emoji476][emoji476][emoji476][emoji476][emoji476]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As I predicted yesterday this story has done a great job of keeping the real news off the front pages of the newspapers. You can almost feel the hot breath and spittle when you see The Daily Hate today.

They have even somehow managed to be " Disrespectful" of Prince Phillip despite this announcenent coming from The Palace rather than from Harry and Megan?

Still, the papers have somehow managed to overlook Matt Hancock's illegality of not publishing documentation of government outsourcing and procurement.

Additionally, only the FT picks up on the Supreme Court ruling on Uber drivers rights which has massive implications for the " gig" economy now and in the future.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
As I predicted yesterday this story has done a great job of keeping the real news off the front pages of the newspapers. You can almost feel the hot breath and spittle when you see The Daily Hate today.

They have even somehow managed to be " Disrespectful" of Prince Phillip despite this announcenent coming from The Palace rather than from Harry and Megan?

Still, the papers have somehow managed to overlook Matt Hancock's illegality of not publishing documentation of government outsourcing and procurement.

Additionally, only the FT picks up on the Supreme Court ruling on Uber drivers rights which has massive implications for the " gig" economy now and in the future.

The Uber story was on all the main news sites but don’t let me stop you getting on with your agenda of bringing politics to as many threads as you can eh, and you’re fishing for confrontation, which only yesterday you were accusing others of.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

The agenda of the newspapers is to make money. Their headlines are designed to help them achieve that aim by appealing to the priorities of their readers. Judging by your (and many others) contributions to this thread I would say they have called it right. For me the biggest story of the day was indeed the awarding of Government Covid related contracts, which is the reason I was reading about it yesterday, whilst dipping in and out of this touching royalist/celebrity thread as a sideshow.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
tenor.gif
Exactly

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nice one Harry, that is not what I meant, I was talking about him falling in love and her being the dominant partner.
I agree with others whereas if he wants out, he must be right out, I will always think that all the royals did not ask to be born into the royal family, if Harry has decided that it is not for him then who are we to say that he should not do what he thinks is right, as long as they become totally self sufficient and lose any titles etc.
Harry was in the same league as Andrew, Edward and Anne, people see them as hangers on and spongers, you can't have it both ways.

I strongly disagree with you lumping Anne in with Andrew and Edward. She may not suffer fools gladly but she is one of the very few Royals that gets a big thumbs up from me. Poor woman has to support Scotland in sport too :smile:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
...and you’re fishing for confrontation, which only yesterday you were accusing others of.

Haha! True! Yesterday I made a general point about how people perceive Harry and Meghan (one that a quick perusal of this thread will confirm), Vegster then comes charging in out of nowhere with the usual “bigoted” and “sexist” woke bingo crap, ends with a sarky bye bye and then says that I’m confrontational.

Funny how mouthy left wingers are always embodiments of what they accuse others of being.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
[emoji476][emoji476][emoji476][emoji476][emoji476]

I know a couple of posters have seen through Crodo’s trolling and fishing but quite a few have yet to cotton on, it seems.

I must admit he had me fooled with his trolling on the Coronavirus thread for a while.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Haha! True! Yesterday I made a general point about how people perceive Harry and Meghan (one that a quick perusal of this thread will confirm), Vegster then comes charging in out of nowhere with the usual “bigoted” and “sexist” woke bingo crap, ends with a sarky bye bye and then says that I’m confrontational.

Funny how mouthy left wingers are always embodiments of what they accuse others of being.
Calm down dear!... " Charging in out of Nowhere"? Should I have knocked and waited?.. Sorry if I upset you, I did not realise you were so sensitive given your posts.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Duke & Duchess of Sussex

That would be a valid point if his mental girlfriend looked like Heather Trott from Eastenders ..... however, she looks like Meghan Markle. :thumbsup:

And in his above post he clearly implies that it’s ok for a partner to accept being bullied if the other is attractive!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Hilarious ! " I'm going to grab me a Prince of England who actually has no real money and bend him to my will.....":clap2::rotlf:

It’s hilarious but true . She knew that she would have a great life because of the ability for someone like Prince Harry to earn huge amounts of money outside the bubble of the royal family .

Several collaborations from different people that knew her previously have all said similar things that she wanted to marry a prince or very wealthy man . Yes she had a bit of money from suits but wasn’t a big name actress and would have no chance to live that lifestyle otherwise .

She is clever , manipulative and street wise . Harry is just a decent guy but is not scheming the way she is . Evidence came out a few months ago that she never intended to stay in London even before she married Harry . She is nothing without Harry because of who Harry is and that means huge amounts of money coming her way and an A list Hollywood lifestyle .

Please don’t be fooled she is this sweet misunderstood woman whose been badly treated by the press . She is totally in control and has been from day one .

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I strongly disagree with you lumping Anne in with Andrew and Edward. She may not suffer fools gladly but she is one of the very few Royals that gets a big thumbs up from me. Poor woman has to support Scotland in sport too :smile:

Princess Anne is the only royal I have seen in the flesh when she made a tour to Botswana in 2011. She was opening an eye clinic at The Princess Marina public hospital in Gaborone and I saw her get out of a Jaguar with diplomatic plates on with a Union flag above a head lamp, accompanied by 2 police cars, another Jaguar with diplomatic plates, the British High Commissioner, an assistant/lady in waiting and a fat bloke in a suit (presumably her protection officer ) who had a quick little shifty look around the car park before opening the car door for her.

Other parts of her tour were featured on the local TV news, including her speech at the Botswana National Sports Commission annual awards dinner where she was guest of honour and I was actually very impressed and thought she represented this country very well.

She gets a big thumbs up from me as well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know a couple of posters have seen through Crodo’s trolling and fishing but quite a few have yet to cotton on, it seems.

I must admit he had me fooled with his trolling on the Coronavirus thread for a while.

Only Crodo knows the truth, but my take about his pandemic posts is that he’s incredibly negative and miserable. Wanting no travel, holidays, football and loads beside for the 2021 and beyond, despite the incredible vaccines. Completely unrealistic, as millions of livelihoods and mental wellbeing would be destroyed. Thankfully, governments will take a pragmatic middle ground.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
[emoji23]

Thanks for proving Chicken Run’s point.
Sorry, no idea what Chicken Run's point is or was, he's been on "Ignore" with the rest of the Ship of Fools for months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here