Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Duke & Duchess of Sussex

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Writing controversial “clickbaity” books, then going on TV talk shows and promotional tours to promote them is very mixed messaging from the Sussexes. As is the families ties with friendly media sources. I certainly don’t think they mind the attention, as long as it is 100% supportive and fawning.

Again, haha, see JC Denton’s post!

Don’t be naive. They have nothing to offer the world except their celebrity. Famous for being famous. Nothing else.
I refer you to my previous post. If there genuinely wasn't interest from the public, or if outlets didn't want to cover them, they could easily ignore them.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Multi millionaires complaining to ordinary people about how hard done by they are is rarely a good look.
Although, to be fair, a fair number of ordinary people seem compelled to invest into their narrative.
Don’t bother. It just reinforces the idea that their lives are worth more than yours.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Meghan has made the re-runs of "Suits" on Netflix very profitable by staying in the news. I'm sure that could be helping the Sussexes financial situation to some degree.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I love reading novels particularly around the Napoleonic era, Trafalgar, Waterloo, etc. The Georgian era if you will. Different authors have varied opinions but most casually refer to the utter corruption of politicians and the depravity of the Royal Princes so much so that you could be forgiven for thinking it the norm. I am not talking about a handful of authors here. Most of the very well researched books that I read just mention it as normal. I often think “Nothing much changes”

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Slightly off topic, but has anyone noticed the drip drip of positive stories on the BBC website of our glorious, beloved King. Today has brought all of us downtrodden peasants a heartwarming peek at Charlie chuckling at the Archbishop forgetting his lines pre coronation. Unless this stops I will be putting my foot through the phone and send the BBC the bill, Viz style.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That's down to media companies, not them!
The media companies want copies sold and clicked clicked. There is a ferocious appetite from Joe Public for the royal soap opera. Until that stops the media companies are going to over step the mark to get that scoop, and Harry and Megan are going to continue to use it to generate income.

Why don't they live stream Piers Morgan in the stocks, I'd pay to see that.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We the people of Sussex must count our blessings I say

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The ginger whinger has withdrawn his libel claim against Mail on Sunday meaning he has to pay the publisher's costs of £250K.

He clearly has more money than sense.

This is a good breakdown of the legal decision. Lawyers often advise to drop one part to concentrate on the larger case. Look at part 5.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here