Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Duke & Duchess of Sussex

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Hope Harry will be happy with his Mrs Simpson, seems a real shame, he seemed so close to his family,particularly his brother.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Can't say I follow this particular soap opera very closely, but didn't his Mum tell him he had 'a year to come to his senses', or similar, ratrher than just say toodle pip old chap straightaway?

So, the year's up, he has confirmed that he has not changed his mind, so they have agreed to implement that which they all agreed would be the natural consequence of his decision a year ago?

Nothing to see here, move on...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you mean like flying an Apache gunship in support of british troops fighting for their lives or clearing the way for medical evacuation missions? Or maybe the first time he went to Afghanistan and lived in a forward operating base in Helmand Province calling in close air suppirt and fighting on the front line alongside other people doing 'real life'.

I don't know what you do for a living so i appreciate i could be doing you a disservice, but unless you've done anything close to the above, you have no right to slag off those that have as not 'having a go at real life' you ****tard.

Which is what makes this move a little sad.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Somebody is under the thumb. My day, nay month, even year is ruined

My prediction is that this will all end in tears and one person will come home like the prodigal son with tail between legs
Surprised it hasn't already happened.

He has been successfully separated from his family. Worst case is that this is due to narcissistic control - and that will end in tears.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Do you mean like flying an Apache gunship in support of british troops fighting for their lives or clearing the way for medical evacuation missions? Or maybe the first time he went to Afghanistan and lived in a forward operating base in Helmand Province calling in close air suppirt and fighting on the front line alongside other people doing 'real life'.

I don't know what you do for a living so i appreciate i could be doing you a disservice, but unless you've done anything close to the above, you have no right to slag off those that have as not 'having a go at real life' you ****tard.

I'll this this with the caveat that he's blotted his copybook with his recent actions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can't say I follow this particular soap opera very closely, but didn't his Mum tell him he had 'a year to come to his senses', or similar, ratrher than just say toodle pip old chap straightaway?

So, the year's up, he has confirmed that he has not changed his mind, so they have agreed to implement that which they all agreed would be the natural consequence of his decision a year ago?

Nothing to see here, move on...

That's very evident, when his Mum died 14 years ago.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Still struggling to understand why they should benifit from Royal titles being a Duke and Dutchess are very marketable especially in the USA when they are unwilling to work for it, they really should be Mr and Mrs Windsor and just get on with life as best they can or if the risk of kidnap is so high that it makes it necessary to be given new identities a bit of plastic surgery and forgotten about.

I wish HMQ would make Mr and Mrs Bloom the new Duke and Dutchess they have done far more for Sussex than the present two incumbents

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pretty much a non story but the usual suspects in the media will be all over this looking for Liberal cabals seeking to destroy the Monarchy, nice bit of deflection from Johnson's problems too as a bonus. Expect some " Bumper " editions packed with hot air and opinions of the usual suspects for the weekend editions, glad I'm not a paperboy..

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Pretty much a non story but the usual suspects in the media will be all over this looking for Liberal cabals seeking to destroy the Monarchy, nice bit of deflection from Johnson's problems too as a bonus. Expect some " Bumper " editions packed with hot air and opinions of the usual suspects for the weekend editions, glad I'm not a paperboy..

The Monarchy is more than capable of destroying itself. The sooner the better. Out dated and not needed.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Pretty much a non story but the usual suspects in the media will be all over this looking for Liberal cabals seeking to destroy the Monarchy, nice bit of deflection from Johnson's problems too as a bonus.

Who on earth in the media thinks this is due to a liberal cabal? They usually blame her bossiness and his passivity.

And does Johnson need any deflection? The current media narrative with him seems to be “doing very well with the vaccination programme and working on easing lockdown.”

I agree that this Harry and Meghan story is a non-story, though. I always think attention whores who are famous merely for being famous should be completely ignored by the media. Alas, the media disagrees.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

Don't dispute that, in fact I don't dispute that many people do fine work including one of my old school pals who fought along side Harry but never returned.

Im speaking about his present antics and how he is in no way in a position to preach to his former subject how we should live our lives when he is living off our taxes.

By the way, I know my father!

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
If the job of Duke of Sussex is going then I volunteer. I wasn’t born in Sussex, but neither was Harry.

For Duchess, I’d like either Scarlet Johansson or the Irish bird off Robot Wars.

I’m not fussy - although they probably are. :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here