Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duffy's Celebrations

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I was quite surprised from that interview how tight those two have obviously become, in a relatively short space of time. It's all good.

I think we will struggle to hold onto them both eventually which is a sad thought, but you never know.

It wasn't too long ago the many fans of the championship and beyond were having a good old laugh at Duffy's expense, especially with the price tag. Some of our own fans weren't happy either :wozza:

He would have improved many PL defences.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think we will struggle to hold onto them both eventually which is a sad thought, but you never know.

It wasn't too long ago the many fans of the championship and beyond were having a good old laugh at Duffy's expense, especially with the price tag. Some of our own fans weren't happy either :wozza:

He would have improved many PL defences.

I find it really funny that Norwich jumped in and took Pritchard off us but, if they were going to steal one of our transfer targets, it should have been Duffy. Based on the game we played against them and where I've watched them since, they really need someone like him. I'm really glad they didn't though.

Have to say that £3.5 million seemed a lot when we signed him but now he seems like one of the bargains of the season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was quite surprised from that interview how tight those two have obviously become, in a relatively short space of time. It's all good.

I'm surprised by your surprise.

They remind me of a quote Mark Lawrenson gave when asked words to the effect of 'have you spoken to Hanson about x, do you know how he feels about it'.

ML replied "We didn't need to speak to each other for 20 years to know what's being thought, I don't have start now".

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm surprised by your surprise.

They remind me of a quote Mark Lawrenson gave when asked words to the effect of 'have you spoken to Hanson about x, do you know how he feels about it'.

ML replied "We didn't need to speak to each other for 20 years to know what's being thought, I don't have start now".

Good quote, but we're not talking about 20 years here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good quote, but we're not talking about 20 years here.
The point was, they never had to talk to each other, much like our boys.

They allude to CH training each of them to bring out the best of their own abilities, and each others, in that video.
But the way they almost perfectly compliment each other looks to me, a fat postie, like they clicked within a matter of weeks possibly even days.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He's so much better than I thought he would be. And his partnership with Dunk is so, so much better than can be realistically expected in the second tier. Even Trump couldn't over praise those two.

Jul 7, 2003
Pretty impressive block from Duffy last night to keep out Noone's shot just after we had taken the lead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here