Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duffy's Celebrations

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wish I could embed tweets but you need to see the one he sent about Stocko after the game. Great photo. Great team spirit.

Click on the tweet.
In the url box there's a long number.
Cut that out.

As with all other embedding here

[ the word tweet]now past in the long number[/ again the word tweet]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I Love Stockdale and I'm fast becoming a BIG fan of Duffy. His celebrations with DS are fantastic to watch, let alone his abilities as a defender!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]822730855223324673[/tweet]

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Bless Glenn, but Shane wouldn't have been sent off v Wednesday.
The ball would have hit SD right between the eyes, and he'd have stood there motionless staring down the fella who thwacked it.
Safe in the knowledge that bloke wouldn't leave his own half for the rest of the game.

He did something like that up at Sheff Wed earlier in the season, sometime in the second half the ball was hit hard into our box Duffy took it on the head and the ball flew out for a throw in - that was the first time I thought - he will be a legend - and what is even better is he is six weeks younger than Dunk. If we can keep these two together, when they reach their prime in a few years our central defence won't be premier league class it will be world class

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stockers reply

[tweet]822735732536213504[/tweet]

They need to get a room.
A David Attenborough voice over.
Some raw steak & a feather bower.

It'll be absolute filth but impossible not to watch. :lol:

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
The celebrations from Duffy and Stocko are just pure emotion and passion and it's great to see. It runs right through the team though. Murray was determined to watch the penalty he conceded before heading down the tunnel and you can see the emotion on Knockaert's face every time he scores. I've never seen a group of players that are so passionate and committed to the club. You can't underestimate what a huge difference it makes to the teams performance.

I pray that I see the England squad play with the same passion and emotion one day, although I highly doubt it.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
But back to the point in hand, Shane Duffy.

Anyone who doesn't love a no nonsense 100% committed centre half, has no soul.

Someone here a while ago suggested you could throw a Fiat 500 into the penalty box and Shane would head it clear.

Bless Glenn, but Shane wouldn't have been sent off v Wednesday.
The ball would have hit SD right between the eyes, and he'd have stood there motionless staring down the fella who thwacked it.
Safe in the knowledge that bloke wouldn't leave his own half for the rest of the game.

Just before the Fletcher / Stephens incident that is just what happened. Shot came in, Duffy didn't move his hands at all - took it on the cheek I think!

https://youtu.be/hnLQjXaVHAI?t=767 12.45 on

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In looking for something this flashed up in the search.
I've only scanned it to make sure I didn't poop the bed, as I didn't feel free to make sure you didn't either:-

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...t-s-a-DONE-DEAL!/page21&highlight=Alan+Davies

I'm not entirely sure what you're linking to as you've linked to page 21 of that thread. Page 21 will be different for people depending on how many posts per page they have configured.

The best way to link to a post is to right click on the #XX at the top right of the post in question and copy the address of the post from that:

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 11.52.15.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not entirely sure what you're linking to as you've linked to page 21 of that thread. Page 21 will be different for people depending on how many posts per page they have configured.

The best way to link to a post is to right click on the #XX at the top right of the post in question and copy the address of the post from that:

View attachment 81472

I've already made the changes.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
He did something like that up at Sheff Wed earlier in the season, sometime in the second half the ball was hit hard into our box Duffy took it on the head and the ball flew out for a throw in - that was the first time I thought - he will be a legend - and what is even better is he is six weeks younger than Dunk. If we can keep these two together, when they reach their prime in a few years our central defence won't be premier league class it will be world class

i remember this, he was away with the fairies for 30 seconds or so!

East London Exile

Jan 13, 2013
London
In the game against Birmingham he took a long range shot full in the face just outside the area and was knocked back onto the ground. If I remember correctly the ref did stop the game and went over. SD just got up, looked at him and played on. No theatrics, just took it as part of the job. Remarkable reaction.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tonight I'm betting with Duffy.

Duffy FGS £1 @ 18/1
Duffy LGS £1 @ 25/1

Now for the juicy bet.
To score a brace SD is 100/1.
But to score in each half SD is 350/1

Duffy each half £2.50 @ 350/1

and to all but cover my bet
Score anytime .50p @ 8/1

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Could well be a serious player of the season contender come May..... mind you so could about 6 of them

As it stands, I think it will be between Dunk, Knockaert and Murray but there are a number of players who could easily have won it any other year. Duffy, Stockdale, Stephens, Baldock and Bruno have all had great seasons so far, and that ignores a lot of players who have been very good!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Duffy has already given two goals and three points to Cardiff this season, so he needs to correct that tonight.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What an amazing signing he's turned out to be. I think he and Dunk will do well for us if we go up too. His passion is amazing and I am genuinely stunned by his heading ability. Never seen a player so good in the air.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
He does indeed.

So I was surprised to hear him say, in the Sky "Dunk and Duffy Show" thing, that Dunk takes conceding worse than he does.

I was quite surprised from that interview how tight those two have obviously become, in a relatively short space of time. It's all good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here