Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy - Season Long Loan To Celtic Confirmed

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Scott Sinclair scored 40 goals in 100 games for Celtic and won player of the season, let that just sink in for one minute.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thought he signed for someone in Qatar yesterday for £4m?

According to that article (which there’s as little reason to believe as any) that hasn’t gone through yet.
Not sure in any case that he brings enough to the party - would probably struggle to make the bench.

The other, ironic, rumour Is that Wet Sham will use the £5m they got from offloading a striker to Celtic to bid against them for Duffy on a permanent deal

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
According to that article (which there’s as little reason to believe as any) that hasn’t gone through yet.
Not sure in any case that he brings enough to the party - would probably struggle to make the bench.

The other, ironic, rumour Is that Wet Sham will use the £5m they got from offloading a striker to Celtic to bid against them for Duffy on a permanent deal

He's not bad technically but is seriously slow.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Scott Sinclair scored 40 goals in 100 games for Celtic and won player of the season, let that just sink in for one minute.

And was class in the prem when he played...! Don’t get me wrong, the league is shit, but Sinclair was good and made a silly move to Man City.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Just been speaking to one of our suppliers who is a massive Celtic fan and this came up, he was very keen on Duffy. Also said we've got a very good player if Rogic goes our way, surplus to requirements at Celtic now but a very tidy midfieldeer with a good engine, decent distribution and hard worker, thinks he will be a big hit down here.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just been speaking to one of our suppliers who is a massive Celtic fan and this came up, he was very keen on Duffy. Also said we've got a very good player if Rogic goes our way, surplus to requirements at Celtic now but a very tidy midfieldeer with a good engine, decent distribution and hard worker, thinks he will be a big hit down here.

Not being all big bollocks about this, but I reckon if we played Celtic now, we'd probably beat them. Makes me think that if he's surplus there, Rogic isn't going to displace, Davy, Stephen, Yves, Dale et al at centre mid.

I understand why a Celtic fan wouldn't see it that way.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Not being all big bollocks about this, but I reckon if we played Celtic now, we'd probably beat them. Makes me think that if he's surplus there, Rogic isn't going to displace, Davy, Stephen, Yves, Dale et al at centre mid.

We would maul them... Maupay would run riot with their Centre Half combo...

Rogic is alright but slow...he would be anonymous in the EPL.

TNBA

TTF

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Unless it is for a striker or a left back a swap makes little sense.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Probably slightly blinkered. He thinks if they played in EPL they'd be Europa League quality currently, not sure I agree with that, think they'd be just below halfway.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not going to compare to us as I will obviously be bias but Celtic have nowhere near as good of a squad as say West Ham, Palace, Everton, Southampton, Villa, Burnley.. Scott Brown still plays week in week out for them FFS :lolol:

I think they’d be a decent championship team with their current squad. Duffy would be their best player.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not going to compare to us as I will obviously be bias but Celtic have nowhere near as good of a squad as say West Ham, Palace, Everton, Southampton, Villa, Burnley.. Scott Brown still plays week in week out for them FFS :lolol:

I think they’d be a decent championship team with their current squad. Duffy would be their best player.

Agree. They would be relegated from the PL, no doubt. A bit sad to see how weak they are these days, quite obviously not a very well run club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Edouard is not available, that would probably leave us with The Thumb. Dunno if he is PL class..
Saw Griffiths play years ago. His time has gone now - even if he was ever all that anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here