Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Dubrovnik Trip

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Not been to Dubrovnik yet, but I visited Zagreb a few years ago (even took in the Croatia/Spain game that was on while I was there).
Freindly people, nice place. They've switched to the Euro now as well, so no local currency to worry about.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Don’t go on the cable car instead get a taxi just by the main gate and ask to be driven up via The Franjo Tuđman Bridge for a photo stop then drive on up the Dubrovnik river for a stop off at the old derelict mill behind which is the river Ombla at 30 meters it’s the worlds shortest river yet supplies all the drinking water for the city and really pretty as it appears out of the foot of the mountains above, then continue the drive up the mountain which is quite a drive with sheer drops as it winds it’s way to the top where the views are spectacular the driver will wait for the return.
Walk the walls of the City is a must but get there for when it first opens to miss the crowds
Sit in the main square in the afternoon with the sun behind the Cathedral for a cool slow dink and just let the world flow by then later walk through the sea gate onto the rocks where their a lovely little bar and watch the sun set.
depending how long you are staying then other nearby places of interest include popping over the mountains and visit Bosnia where Mostar is quite close and a fascinating city or a boat trip to any number of the islands just off the coast of Dubrovnik, catch the local bus along the cost to a small town of Cavtat and you might very well find yourself sitting next to some Hollywood movie star or Russian Oligarchy after catch the ferry back to Dubrovnik.

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
Is Croatia worth a trip with kids (6 & 8)? We live in the US, so it would be early July before the UK holidays start.

I was looking at flying into Split or Dubrovnik.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Is Croatia worth a trip with kids (6 & 8)? We live in the US, so it would be early July before the UK holidays start.

I was looking at flying into Split or Dubrovnik.
Beach holiday - maybe, but most of the beaches I know of around Dubrovnik are rocky and there's very
little in the way of "sandy" beaches.

I can't speak for the rest of the coastline.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Not been to Dubrovnik yet, but I visited Zagreb a few years ago (even took in the Croatia/Spain game that was on while I was there).
Freindly people, nice place. They've switched to the Euro now as well, so no local currency to worry about.
Prices have gone up since the euro came in big style . Oh for the days of 11kuna to the £. Only 7.9 last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here