Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driver's Twitter Boast About 'Hitting Cyclist'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So why do we get so many poofs in gimp suits racing around on our roads then? They are a manace.
They are not racing.
They might think they are, they might even be racing friends like you did in your Vauxhall Nova, but they are not officially racing.
Who knows some might even be homosexual, as I'm sure some Vauxhall Nova drivers were.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Got to be honest I f##### hate cyclists, they don't abide by the laws of the road (riding two,sometime three side by side) and they have a self rightious smug arrogrance when they know you want to pass, also they seem to get bike lanes made and not have to pay road tax, more often than not they are self inportant f####s

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
They are not racing.
They might think they are, they might even be racing friends like you did in your Vauxhall Nova, but they are not officially racing.
Who knows some might even be homosexual, as I'm sure some Vauxhall Nova drivers were.

I never had a Vauxhall Nova I am glad to say. So why do they have marshalls and outriders all over the place then?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Got to be honest I f##### hate cyclists, they don't abide by the laws of the road (riding two,sometime three side by side) and they have a self rightious smug arrogrance when they know you want to pass, also they seem to get bike lanes made and not have to pay road tax, more often than not they are self inportant f####s

Well, that was well put Surrey!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

I know love they are almost as bad as people who can't be bothered to read threads before posting

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I never had a Vauxhall Nova I am glad to say. So why do they have marshalls and outriders all over the place then?
You are probably driving on a Time Trial route, the ultimate in SOLO riding.

Alternatively you have been on the route of a Sunday Sportive.
An organised ride, over a set signed route, with pit stops etc.
Although timed with Gold Silver & Bronze time standards they are not 1st, 2nd & 3rd races.

But as the name implies they are usually held on Sunday mornings starting at 8-9am, so hardly intrusive.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So why do we get so many poofs in gimp suits racing around on our roads then? They are a manace.

You really are a pair of brain dead morons aren't you?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
You are probably driving on a Time Trial route, the ultimate in SOLO riding.

Alternatively you have been on the route of a Sunday Sportive.
An organised ride, over a set signed route, with pit stops etc.
Although timed with Gold Silver & Bronze time standards they are not 1st, 2nd & 3rd races.

But as the name implies they are usually held on Sunday mornings starting at 8-9am, so hardly intrusive.

Why not? They are if you need to get somewhere, and I am thinking more of evenings and Saturdays anyway. How do these scum get away with it, because they are certainly racing, and several abreast blocking the whole side of a road or even more.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why not? They are if you need to get somewhere, and I am thinking more of evenings and Saturdays anyway. How do these scum get away with it, because they are certainly racing, and several abreast blocking the whole side of a road or even more.
I'm out.

In your world is anyone other than you not scum?

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Why is that? Because we don't like prats who think they are going to be the next Bradley Wiggins all over our roads? These people need to grow up, or ride away from public highways.

As I said, a brain dead moron.

I ride a bike. I use it to get to work and home, and for exercise and enjoyment.

I, like the vast majority of cyclists, respect the Highway Code and am respectful of other road users.

I also drive a car. Cyclists are rarely a problem when I'm behind the wheel, with the odd exception. There are far more bad drivers on the road than there are bad cyclists, and the potential damage that each can cause is obviously very different.

What is childish about enjoying taking part in sport? And, as you say, the roads are public highways, so what gives you the right to lay claim to sole user rights?

The irrational hatred that so many fools like you have for cyclists is, frankly, dangerous. Show a bit of patience, and a bit of courtesy. How many minutes do you think you lose on a journey because cyclists are on the road?

You have called cyclists 'poofs', 'gimps' and 'prats' in this thread. Cyclists are people. You utter prat.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Why is that? Because we don't like prats who think they are going to be the next Bradley Wiggins all over our roads? These people need to grow up, or ride away from public highways.

No, der, because you just go out of your way to upset people on every thread possible and clock up bans to somehow fill up some keyboard warriors tick list.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

I ride a bike. I use it to get to work and home, and for exercise and enjoyment.

I, like the vast majority of cyclists, respect the Highway Code and am respectful of other road users.

I also drive a car. Cyclists are rarely a problem when I'm behind the wheel, with the odd exception. There are far more bad drivers on the road than there are bad cyclists, and the potential damage that each can cause is obviously very different.

What is childish about enjoying taking part in sport? And, as you say, the roads are public highways, so what gives you the right to lay claim to sole user rights?

The irrational hatred that so many fools like you have for cyclists is, frankly, dangerous. Show a bit of patience, and a bit of courtesy. How many minutes do you think you lose on a journey because cyclists are on the road?

You have called cyclists 'poofs', 'gimps' and 'prats' in this thread. Cyclists are people. You utter prat.

I pitty anyone who has to sit near you on a warm day! lol

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22614569

Cycling campaigners are calling for a new law in Scotland to make motorists automatically at fault in an accident. The UK is one of only five European countries - Cyprus, Malta, Romania and Ireland being the others - that does not currently have the "strict liability" law. Some cyclists now wear helmet cameras to record anti-social behaviour.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Well said sir.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Walking around London every day - well the city, anyway, it feels like the vast majority of cyclists simply ignore traffic lights - they don't even slow down. I was hit the day other by one going straight through a red light, he didn't even look round.

The ones through the city don't stop for anything. I wonder why that particular amoral place is the home of uncaring pedallers. Every pedestrian there is a barger and nudger too, so it's horridness widey spread.
It's true that a number of cyclists, perhaps 40% i would say from my daily journeys, are greedy fiends, but not all of us are *****. Many of us stop at red lights and don't dart through as if we're on our way to the hospital or to a UN meeting over Syrian rebel funding. It's rather difficult to make people nice and/or obedient though, and i've tried to curb inside of me the momentary wish for a minor accident to take place for these idiots so a lesson is learned.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

All a bit one sided that! I have had my car hit twice in London by push-bike riders cutting up the inside of traffic, and then monting the pavement to get away without even saying sorry, and leaving my employers to pay for the repairs.

Mind you I did see a funny sight when some old boy shoved his unbrella in the wheel of a push-bike rider who mounted the pavement at some red traffic lights and "buzzed" the people waiting to cross the road. The ******** flew through the air!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I pitty anyone who has to sit near you on a warm day! lol

Brilliant. Hysterical.

Lots of people cycle to work. And believe it or not, we are well aware of the need for personal hygiene, particularly after exercise.

I don't look like a gimp all day, you know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here