Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drink driving

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Another NSC record, 20 posts and the usual 'don't be a grass brigade' haven't showed up. Excellent. As regards the question, shop them. They might go on to kill someone that night or perhaps on the next occassion it might be you or your family in front of them!!!!

With regard to Bensgrandad, I believe you used to run a pub so hand on heart, how often did you serve regulars to the extent they were well over the limit, albeit not necessarily staggering out of the door, knowing they were going to drive home? Honest question just to get the perspective of those in the trade.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
What about the number of drivers about who aren't drunk but their ability is impaired by other substances? I don't think we know the full extent of the problem on our roads.

A while ago a young girl lost control of her car and hit the side of my house. Fortunately no one was seriously injured but while caring for her until the calvary arrived it was apparent that she was under the influence of something but didn't smell of alcohol. I was subsequently informed that she was known to the Police for substance abuse, was disqualified from driving (so didn't have insurance etc). The several £000's cost of repairs to the house were eventually met by the motor insurance fund ie the pot that all of us vehicle insurance paying punters indirectly contribute to. As far as I could tell no direct costs fell upon the driver.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Another NSC record, 20 posts and the usual 'don't be a grass brigade' haven't showed up. Excellent. As regards the question, shop them. They might go on to kill someone that night or perhaps on the next occassion it might be you or your family in front of them!!!!

With regard to Bensgrandad, I believe you used to run a pub so hand on heart, how often did you serve regulars to the extent they were well over the limit, albeit not necessarily staggering out of the door, knowing they were going to drive home? Honest question just to get the perspective of those in the trade.

Different times, and different attitudes I imagine. My Dad used to reckon that 40 years ago you'd drive if you could get the key in the car door. 20 years ago my mate would regularly drive us back from the pub after 6 or 7 beers. None of us would drive with even 1 drink now.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Shop them at the earliest opportunity before they make it worse by involving an unfortunate innocent person

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As has been said times and attitudes have changed years ago it was just bad luck if you got stopped for D D. I can honestly say that on many occasions I took the keys off of a regular customer who was well over he limit and on many occasions I drove them home in their car and my wife followed to pick me up. I must admit that I have never ever refused somebody a drink because they were driving or reported a driver as I considered it none of my business but times have changed now and the publican could be held responsible.

Adsgull

Feb 27, 2012
Southwick
Firstly I would call the old bill and shop them then if they started to drive I would follow them (at a safe distance) and tell the filth where they are going (on hands free) these people are scum and deserve to be shot for possibly ruining people's lives. The charge should be murder if the worst happens as they know exactly want they are doing when they turn the key

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
No question shop them. - call 999 and advise the car thats being driven and location. I lost a close friend in an accident caused by a drink driver. It is selfish and a waste of life.

THIS !!! Every time !!!
I have worked years in A&E and emergency trauma units
and seen the end product close up, dead babies/ children, families torn apart and so on.
People who get done for drink driving should be taken to see these sights
I guarentee they would never do it again !!!!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Firstly I would call the old bill and shop them then if they started to drive I would follow them (at a safe distance) and tell the filth where they are going (on hands free) these people are scum and deserve to be shot for possibly ruining people's lives. The charge should be murder if the worst happens as they know exactly want they are doing when they turn the key

Well done for that Miss Marple :facepalm:

Just tell them and let them do their job

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
No question shop them. - call 999 and advise the car thats being driven and location. I lost a close friend in an accident caused by a drink driver. It is selfish and a waste of life

Totally agree with this post we all need to take more personal and social responsibility

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No question shop them. - call 999 and advise the car thats being driven and location. I lost a close friend in an accident caused by a drink driver. It is selfish and a waste of life.
And you'd get done for using the phone while driving :facepalm:

I phoned the police, when I saw the person get in the car that had kids in the back I had no choice
Is the wrong answer. Regardless of whether they have kids in the back, they're putting all road uses at risk (kids in other cars, kids crossing the road).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Another NSC record, 20 posts and the usual 'don't be a grass brigade' haven't showed up. Excellent.
NSC has changed. The hard core mob have gone to seagull chat.

As regards the question, shop them. They might go on to kill someone that night or perhaps on the next occassion it might be you or your family in front of them!!!!
You've been watching too much Spiderman.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Well I wouldn't be a grass

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here