Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drink driving

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
No question shop them. - call 999 and advise the car thats being driven and location. I lost a close friend in an accident caused by a drink driver. It is selfish and a waste of life.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
No question shop them. - call 999 and advise the car thats being driven and location. I lost a close friend in an accident caused by a drink driver. It is selfish and a waste of life.

this again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that I would and should phone 999 and report it, but realistically I would probably make an assessment in my own mind as to whether or thought they had just had a drink to be over the limit but seemed ok to drive or were totally p....d. I know that is the wrong approach but I think that is what I would do but couldnt say until the situation arose.

I'll be honest, I've seen it many times and not done anything.

The most I have done is tell a little white lie about just having seen the rozzers drive past the pub slowly checking what cars are in the car park, which is something they do.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
In Sussex text 65999 with info to shop them. Hopefully the police will get them before they kill someone (the best man at my wedding lost his mum to a drunk driver).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Absolutely. No point in showing any 'loyalty' to a drink driver.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Having been stupid enough to do this when I was a drinker I would probably leave it to prividence whether or not they got caught.

I know it's wrong, they wreck other people's lives blah blah but I am honest enough to admit that there but for the grace go I.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
I find it to hard to tell, many times I've overtaken a car swerving between lanes. Only to see them on their phone! Which I think is just as bad!

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
I phoned the police, when I saw the person get in the car that had kids in the back I had no choice

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Report every time.

The only time I 'drink and drive' is when I meet up with some mates once a month. I have a pint of lager shandy and then just orange juices with lemonade.
I know I am under the limit and safe. I have a dodgy right knee which means I have difficulty getting in to my car so generally slump in to the seat outside the pub.

If someone thought I was drinking anything stronger and thought I was over the limit, I have no problem with them reporting me.

Anyone caught over the limit only has themselves to blame.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The Police have been carrying out road side checks on the 272 Beechurst Haywards Heath. Remember you can still be done the morning after for drink driving. Be good get a Taxi don't risk it.:drink::sick:punish::cry:

LE19

Having been stupid enough to do this when I was a drinker I would probably leave it to prividence whether or not they got caught.

I know it's wrong, they wreck other people's lives blah blah but I am honest enough to admit that there but for the grace go I.

What's that got to do with it? You'd let someone risk someone else's life, just because you used to drink?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
We had a bloke swerving all over the road in front of us driving through Lewes last year, I called the OB while the mrs drove, and the police picked him up just before the kingston roundabout. We pulled over (to rubberneck, as you do), bloke near on fell out of the car when they asked him to get out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here