Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drink Driving , light sentence tip

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Caught someone over the limit one morning a couple of weeks ago (taking his kids to school).

As we took him in, he told us we shouldn't be wasting our time and should be out checking people in the evenings when the proper drink-drivers were about.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tsk. Everyone knows that you claim to be an asthmatic so can't blow into the breathalyser then, when you go to the station, claim to be having a heart attack so they have to call for an ambulance. When you get to A&E pretend to have an epileptic fit so they have to give you diazepam up the arse so tou pass out. Then refuse to have a blood test on the grounds that you are seriously needle phobic. Believe me, I've seen this behaviour more than once. Invariably OB get bored and wander off in the end.

Happy boozing shithead time wasters.

Refusing the blood test will generally result in you being prosecuted for failing to provide, same as refusing (or pissing about on) the breath test.

Urine is the other option if blood can't be obtained for medical reasons. I know what you're saying, but it's rare for people to actually get away with that one, as we've all seen it before. Always entertains me when someone claims a needle-phobia and you then spot their dozen or so tattoos.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Just refuse to provide a sample .

6 month ban instead of 12-36 month and a paltry fine .: drink:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1168...on_t_arrest_me___I_m_Vladimir_Putin_s_cousin/

So just to make sure, you're advising on a way to try and get away with drink driving!
Having had to deal with the aftermath of drink drivers for 18 years!
I say tread carefully my friend as its not always as unemotive as you may think!
And drink drivers are scum who care for nobody but themselves!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Caught someone over the limit one morning a couple of weeks ago (taking his kids to school).

As we took him in, he told us we shouldn't be wasting our time and should be out checking people in the evenings when the proper drink-drivers were about.

That is truly unbelievable, how bloody depressing that someone thinks in that way.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Never drunk and drove in my life, not that f*cking difficult.

I agree it's not difficult but have you ever driven after a heavy night out? Have you ever just had a half, maybe another and then driven? I know I have and probably there's been a fine line between being under/over the limit at times.

Easy to condemn people for drink driving and I agree it's unacceptable but it could happen to a lot of us I'm sure.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I f**king hate drink drivers, not only putting yourselves at risk but other innocent road users. Such an irresponsible crime, personally I'd like to see the limit made zero.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It is a fact that almost all RTA's involve people who are completely sober.

That's true, and it's also true that almost all RTCs are down to people's bad driving.

The fact that most RTCs involve sober people comes down to the law of averages, on the basis that most of us drive two or more times every single day, to work, on the school run, to the shops etc, largely whilst not in a position to have had a drink. People who drive after a few drinks, of course, are statistically considerably more likely to be involved in a crash.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I f**king hate drink drivers, not only putting yourselves at risk but other innocent road users. Such an irresponsible crime, personally I'd like to see the limit made zero.

Surely the current levels hold some credibility, we all accept that anyone that is found guilty has irresponsibly drunk and drove, seems an accepted status.

The zero limit would pull in far more that actually havent any impairment to their driving and have a million and one reasons how they failed the zero level without actually meaning to break the law.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
That's true, and it's also true that almost all RTCs are down to people's bad driving.

The fact that most RTCs involve sober people comes down to the law of averages, on the basis that most of us drive two or more times every single day, to work, on the school run, to the shops etc, largely whilst not in a position to have had a drink. People who drive after a few drinks, of course, are statistically considerably more likely to be involved in a crash.

How can that be known?
We don't know how many people drink and drive and don't get caught.
There could be millions driving over the limit every day and not having accidents.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares

Which leads to the query of whether the money and resources spent on reducing the number of drink drivers would be better invested by increasing the driving skills and reducing the number of collisions caused by sober drivers?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely the current levels hold some credibility, we all accept that anyone that is found guilty has irresponsibly drunk and drove, seems an accepted status.

The zero limit would pull in far more that actually havent any impairment to their driving and have a million and one reasons how they failed the zero level without actually meaning to break the law.

Personally, I'd be very much in favour of the current limit being lowered (I've been amazed in the past what some people seem to have drunk and got away with), but I'm completely against a zero limit. Whilst I think it's reasonable to expect people to be adults and consider what they've had the night before if they know they have to drive in the morning, a zero limit would leave absolutely no margin for error whatsoever. It would possibly also be open to challenge by solicitors on all sorts of (tenuous) legal grounds, and would result in ridiculous amounts of court time and money being wasted.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
How can that be known?
We don't know how many people drink and drive and don't get caught.
There could be millions driving over the limit every day and not having accidents.

What point are you trying to make exactly? We should all drink and drive because currently most accidents are caused by sober drivers?!

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
I guess the point that I am making is that there are more bad drivers on the road because they are too old,too young,drive too fast or too slow.Drive cars they can't handle or are unfit to be driven.
Crap drivers cause more accidents than drink drivers.
Make the driving test harder and have zero level of alcohol so things are clearer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here