Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Dress Down Fridays' - Why is wearing shorts frowned upon?

D

Deleted member 18477

Proper shirts and trousers arent actually that hot to wear... the problem is shirts dont dry the sweat up in a hot environment like a t-shirt does making them f-ing horrible to wear! I always stick to a white ish shirt during the hot days when in meetings etc.

Although my office is where what you want all year round everyday of the week!

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
We were banned from wearing flip flops in the office this summer- shorts and t shirts are ok though.(Boss doesn't like the noise they make.
He could just close his door though!)

Flip flops are banned in our office too, for health and safety reasons, easy to trip over wearing them

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Glad this has come up on here. My boss was foaming at the mouth a couple of weeks back when I came into work with shorts on, on a Friday. She had a much shorter skirt on btw. She said "it's just not acceptable, what would happen if a client came in now?"

I didn't say anything, but a) I've worked there for a year and a half and we haven't had any clients visit and b) I should think they'd expect environmental consultants to be wearing shorts in an office with no air con when it's 30 degrees if they've got any sense. She's been on holiday for the last two weeks so I've had my shorts on (the senior management aren't bothered). Dreading next week when she's back though.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Men in shorts in an office environment looks unhygienic, its wrong and shows a lack of professionalism.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Men in shorts in an office environment looks unhygienic, its wrong and shows a lack of professionalism.

Surely its better to be in shorts and be able to think than in trousers sitting there sweating? Thankfully the institute of environmental science holds my professionalism in a higher regard than you do.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here