Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Dress Down Fridays' - Why is wearing shorts frowned upon?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I think that check open collar shirt and high waisted cream chinos with a brown leather belt look is more offensive.

That is richiebenaudist!

Don't forget the beige/ bone/cream/off white blazer too

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My last 2 companies in Brighton allowed us to wear shorts and flip-flops every day in the office, the first one almost considered it a bit weird if you weren't wearing shorts.

I'm yet to see anyone in my current London office wear shorts, I guess it's not acceptable in a city office. TBH it's still pretty casual though and given the fact they seem to turn the air conditioning up to 11 I'm not sure I'd want to wear shorts.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Shorts are not permitted here.

Plenty of gents rebelling against that today though.

Flip flops should not be permitted no matter what. Is there a worse sound in the world?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Shorts are not permitted here.

Plenty of gents rebelling against that today though.

Flip flops should not be permitted no matter what. Is there a worse sound in the world?

Yes, high heels.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I dont get why anyone would want to wear flip flops to work, most uncomfortable and annoying footwear possible plus you make a stupid noise when walking.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
My company have just in the last couple of weeks announced that shorts are acceptable 'in the summer months'. Most of the blokes in the office are now wearing shorts, not a pretty sight tbh :)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm wearing shorts, but then our dress code was relaxed earlier this week as our office was boiling to allow smart shorts. Only rule was no gaudy Bermuda shorts.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Short sleeved shirt, 3/4 lengths and flip flops here.

My office is ROASTING hot. Horrible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here