Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Drawing the Boro line

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Finally drawn a line under it.

Ramirez goes into the rogues gallery ready for maximum abuse if ever he crosses my path again.

#RiversideMike will get his progress keenly followed online at the euros. And extreme boos if ever he turns up at the AMEX in the future.

Other than that no grudges.

Focusing on Friday night now. Need to steady the ship at Hillsborough, and then take Wednesday apart on Monday in the home leg.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Middlesbrough can **** off. Patronising *****.

tmp_27612-Screenshot_20160511-0906582095864464.png

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Middlesbrough - meh. A team no-one's going to want to watch in a place no-one's going to want to go. Onward and upward.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Middlesbrough can **** off. Patronising *****.

If you scroll down that piece, he says this in his attack on Burnley...

Enjoy the moment. Focus on your own achievement. Stop trying to foster some contrived animosity. It is completely unrequited. And daft.

...which pretty much sums up my feelings towards Boro fans' bizarre ongoing spat with Albion.

BoroVisiting

May 5, 2016
If you scroll down that piece, he says this in his attack on Burnley...

Enjoy the moment. Focus on your own achievement. Stop trying to foster some contrived animosity. It is completely unrequited. And daft.

...which pretty much sums up my feelings towards Boro fans' bizarre ongoing spat with Albion.

Hi all - here in peace. Not a wind up.....

Re: ongoing spats.... the title of this thread, but then keeping it going?? Otherwise, agree with your points. 'Boro' do seem to be being vilified though, and I reckon it was more to do with the ref/lino wasn't it....rather than Boro themselves?

ANYWAY - FWIW.

I've actually been on the Boro forum suggesting that Boro are being a bit self righteous and indignant about any Brighton reaction. We would be feeling the same as you guys if the tables were turned.... and I've argued as much.

I also agree with you that it shouldn't have been a red card. I argued that on the Boro forum too. Some posters said that other refs had agreed it was a red (like that was proof). I pointed out that they were bound to back each other up.

I don't think Anthony Vickers helps matters by writing what he did. I agree that it's daft, and it's only going to be inflamatory. Stupid of him.

Even though it shouldn't have been a red, Re: Ramirez, I think he probably reacted (in the heat of the moment) like any player would had they looked down and seen a gash in their leg like that. I looked at the footage, I actually think he tried to grab Mike Dean's hand, and that was when he knocked the yellow card out. HOWEVER, having done so, he should have got a b*ll*cking and probably should have been booked himself.

Re: The appeal - I agree it's crap that the FA pretty much close shop, and probably didn't give it decent consideration.

Anyway.... just thought I'd put it out there. Sorry if it's out of turn. Cheers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Re: ongoing spats.... the title of this thread, but then keeping it going?? Otherwise, agree with your points. 'Boro' do seem to be being vilified though, and I reckon it was more to do with the ref/lino wasn't it....rather than Boro themselves?

ANYWAY - FWIW.

I've actually been on the Boro forum suggesting that Boro are being a bit self righteous and indignant about any Brighton reaction. We would be feeling the same as you guys if the tables were turned.... and I've argued as much.

I also agree with you that it shouldn't have been a red card. I argued that on the Boro forum too. Some posters said that other refs had agreed it was a red (like that was proof). I pointed out that they were bound to back each other up.

I don't think Anthony Vickers helps matters by writing what he did. I agree that it's daft, and it's only going to be inflamatory. Stupid of him.

Even though it shouldn't have been a red, Re: Ramirez, I think he probably reacted (in the heat of the moment) like any player would had they looked down and seen a gash in their leg like that. I looked at the footage, I actually think he tried to grab Mike Dean's hand, and that was when he knocked the yellow card out. HOWEVER, having done so, he should have got a b*ll*cking and probably should have been booked himself.

Re: The appeal - I agree it's crap that the FA pretty much close shop, and probably didn't give it decent consideration.

Anyway.... just thought I'd put it out there. Sorry if it's out of turn. Cheers.

All fair enough.

Football, fans being football fans, I would imagine if the roles were completely reversed...

Most Boro fans would be saying "it wasn't even a tackle", "Stephens didn't have the ball", "the ball was there to be played and Ramirez played it" and "Stephens swung his leg into Ramirez causing the injury."

Most Albion fans would be saying: "look at Stephens' leg", "Ramirez was two-footed off the ground and out of control" and "look at the injury, of course it was reckless"

I've no issue with Ramirez, with Boro nor with Boro fans. We didn't expect to win, but we wanted to be able to have a full crack at you and we felt we were denied that. Your first half dominance is immaterial - it was 1-1 and anything could have happened. The icing on the dogshit cake we have been served is we are now without one of our better players for the duration of the play-offs.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

ANYWAY - FWIW.

Nothing out of turn there....you could argue that GS was saying oi ref how about getting the trainer on

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

ANYWAY - FWIW.

Our beef is with Dean's decision process and the FA. And since you're so decent, can I just say that I marvelled in the brilliant atmosphere your fans created on Saturday, and thanks also to those that took the effort to come and applaud our fans: much appreciated.

And now message to Albion fans: can we draw a line under Boro, and turn our attention to Sheff Wed:
-- we finished 15 points higher than them
-- we have a slight advantage in that the home leg is the second game
-- teams finishing in third place have a better historical record in the play-offs
-- the most distinctive feature of our season has been the team ethos, spirit, character, determination and resolve. This will be on display on Friday and Monday. I suspect we'll sell out our away allocation, and our fans will be boisterous. Let's ensure that NSC stops wallowing in misery, that the home leg sells out, and that we try our hardest to replicate the marvellous racket the Boro fans made on Monday night.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

ANYWAY - FWIW.

What a good post to read.

I don't think at all that Boro are being villified - or at least that that is the intention. They have nothing to be villified for, and that will all blow over anyway.

There was some unpleasantness from a minority on the day which happens up and down the country, and we've seen at many clubs.

I think if the FA had removed Dale's suspension then this would be a closed chapter and no more than a legend about how Mike Dean robbed us of a chance to fully compete.

Anyway, there is still anger and you may get some abuse for posting. Which is a shame, but don't take it personnally and best wishes for next season.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

ANYWAY - FWIW.

Fair play to you and agree with you. Thought (most of - there are always exceptions) your fans were brilliant on Saturday, and good luck next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here