Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Draw tomorrow would suit both sides....

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
3 games in 7 days could just be a huge factor in Burnley's chances.

Big ask in my opinion and Preston don't lose many at home.

Irrelevant if we can't heap on the pressure with 3pts at home to QPR.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
In a lot of ways I'd like to go to sleep tonight and wake up again Sunday morning when many of the ifs, buts, maybes, what ifs and ffs' will be decided and it will be down to 6 points available for the three of us

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Eh? If we win and they draw then we've gained 2 points on both teams. Am I missing something here?

This is factually correct. You don't seem to have missed anything.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Whatever happens tomorrow, each game from now on is going to be increasingly more difficult than the one before. After QPR I expect Charlton to be on the verge of relegation but not quite (they have Bolton tomorrow and I expect them to win). After that Derby may well be looking at 4th place (and at us as a potential playoff rival) and we've discussed the Boro position at great length here and elsewhere. This will put a lot of pressure on the squad, but the good thing is that it will be the same for those we're playing. I wouldn't mind too much going to Boro with them needing a point and us 3 - as the home team Boro will be in two minds whether or not to 'stick or twist' and this uncertainty will be in the players heads irrespective of what Karanka tells them. The best example of this would be the Liverpool v Arsenal match several years back where Liverpool could even afford to lose 1-0 and still win the title - of course they lost 2-0 after trying to close the game out.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No one is mentioning what a cock up Derby could be for us?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Anything but a Boro win would mean us and Boro needing some sort of result in the final match, unless Burnley completely implode. Squeaky bum time.

Last edited:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Burnley 1-2 Boro
Albion 3-1 QPR

Preston 1-0 Burnley
Charlton 0-2 Albion

Sets up a massive Bank Holiday piss up...

If you can't have dreams this season then I'm not sure when you can, I'll be glad when it's all done an dusted so I can concentrate on my job rather than permutations on promotion.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The only result that matters tomorrow is ours - win that and then we can consider what results elsewhere might mean. Draw or lose and we're playing catch-up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here