Dr Who 50th Anniversary Special

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I really hope it isn't an exit point for Matt Smith. I really like him as the Doctor.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I actually remember the first ever episode.

So do I. The music and the title sequence where incredible, like nothing we'd ever seen or heard before, and I was instantly hooked. I watched it religiously until the end of the Peter Davidson era when it started to go downhill rapidly; there was one episode where an entire invading cyberman army was wiped out by single girl armed only with a catapault - not exactly the stuff to make you hide behind the sofa. I was pleased when it ended as it was a mercy killing, but equally I've been delighted with the re-boot which is just as good if not better than the 'classic' era. Got a few quibbles obviously but nothing's perfect.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm more excited about 'An Adventure in Space in Time' at the moment. Cannot wait to see Bradley as Hartnell. Bet it'll be fantastic. I hope the First Doctor gets a decent showing in the anniversary. Ideally have a Bradley/Smith led episode with the rest as cameos!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I thought Baker (C) was FAR worse than McCoy.

McCoy was the worst doctor and the story lines were the worst of all the series there have been. I seem to remember the bbc aired Dr Who episodes during the week at that time in direct competition to Coronation St. The idea being that viewing figures would fall to such an extent that the program would be pulled. Which, surprise surprise- it was.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I only really got back into it because of Matt Smith, I think he's superb, Eccleston was dull and had no presence and I don't like the scottish chap as an actor, way too ernest as The Doctor. I also hope they do something to make The Master more exciting in the future episodes. John Simm is a good actor so why they wrote the master as such a limp no-mark beggars belief.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ian Holloway rumoured to be playing the part of Jon Pertwee , not sure if it is for the Dr Who special or the remake of Wurzel Gummidge.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
In order of awesomeness (Baker was my era but have probably watched 90% of all of them now)

Baker
Smith
Troughton
Tennant
Davidson
McCoy
Pertwee
Ecclestone
C Baker

(I don't count Cushing and McGann)

Gatiss' docu-drama of the beginnings of Dr Who with him looking amazingly like Hartnell is looking damn good.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Have seriously never gotten this show. Seen a few over 30 years and always been bored to tears the entire time. Each to their own but is the appeal that it's sooooo bad? In an ironic kind of way? Genuine question as know it used to be known for cheap budgets etc. and the writing in the modern ones and over-pushing by the beeb

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
No way
Ecclestone brought Dr who back to life after it's run ended in the 80s with woeful storylines acting scenery & special effects
No, Russell T Davies bought the show back, Ecclestone nearly ruined it :D Was seriously glad when he left as I didn't like him in the role, although of course that's just a personal opinion. Of all the Doctors I've watched he is my least favourite I think (giving McGann a chance as he never really got much of a turn and had a pretty shitty production to deal with)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I really hope it isn't an exit point for Matt Smith. I really like him as the Doctor.

This, Tennant was an incredibly hard act to follow and I had my doubts about Matt Smith but he has been excellent. If he were to leave how about Daniel Craig in the role ? he'd take no sh@t from the Daleks thats for sure !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports