Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dr Who 50th Anniversary Special

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Doctor Who 50th anniversary special to reunite ALL former Time Lords - Mirror Online

BBC bosses are going to attempt to regenerate ALL the former Time Lords, reuniting them in a Doctor Who special.

Seven of the surviving actors are set to return in cameo roles on the 3D episode to mark the 50th anniversary of the sci-fi favourite.

And chiefs also want to involve the first three Doctors – William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee – who have died since the first episode screened back in 1963.

They would be included in the feature-length special using computer generated images and old footage.

Doctors of old Tom Baker, 79, Peter Davison, 61, Colin Baker, 69, Sylvester McCoy, 69, Paul McGann, 53, Christopher Eccleston, 48, and David Tennant. 41, are thought to have agreed to take part alongside current star Matt Smith, 30.

This week writer and producer Steven Moffat – who is notoriously secretive – admitted: “Getting the other Doctors involved would be very fitting for the anniversary episode, wouldn’t it?”

He is still writing the special, which is due to be filmed this spring.

The plot is a fiercely-guarded secret, but Moffat said the fact the original show was delayed by more than a minute by an extended news bulletin would be referenced.

The first episode with Hartnell as The Doctor was broadcast on November 23 – the day after President Kennedy was shot.

The special episode is likely to provide the exit point for Smith, who is expected to regenerate into the 12th Time Lord.

Smith, set to star in movie How to Catch a Monster, admitted he would love to work with his predecessors. “How amazing would it be to see Tom Baker? Can you imagine seeing him back in the scarf? That would be so cool,” he said.

“Paul McGann is a great Doctor – I say bring back Chris and Dave too.”

If bosses manage to pull off the coup, it will be the biggest gathering of Doctors since 1983, when five were reunited for the 20th anniversary.

Thank goodness there’s plenty of room in the Tardis for all of them...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm not entirely sure how the jiggling mass of lard that is Colin Baker would actually manage to fit into his Dr Who costume these days, same for Tom Baker actually.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
That would be a little complex, wouldn't it?

Nope. Science FICTION.

Also the sixth dr obviously liked commander maxil so much in arc of infinity (dr 5) that he took the likeness of colin baker and romana no2 took likeness of a lalla ward character in armageddon factor.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest Dr Who finished after Tom Baker IMO and never returned until Christopher Ecclestone reprieved the role

Wrong. Suggest you watch caves of androzani (davison), possibly frontios as well. Vemgeance on varos (baker) , resurrection of the daleks (baker), curse of fenric and ghost light with rememberance of the daleks (mccoy) and then say that.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Wrong. Suggest you watch caves of androzani (davison), possibly frontios as well. Vemgeance on varos (baker) , resurrection of the daleks (baker), curse of fenric and ghost light with rememberance of the daleks (mccoy) and then say that.

ill let you have REMEMBERENCE OF THE DALEKS & RESURRECTION OF THE DALEKS the others get a big MEH!!!!!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
ill let you have REMEMBERENCE OF THE DALEKS & RESURRECTION OF THE DALEKS the others get a big MEH!!!!!!!

I suggest you rewatch. caves essentially deals with the subject matter of hard drigs vengeance on varos was before its time dealing with (amongst other things) reality tv. A planet that sells torture and executions on sat teatime tele...ghost light was one of the best scripts ever written.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I suggest you rewatch. caves essentially deals with the subject matter of hard drigs vengeance on varos was before its time dealing with (amongst other things) reality tv. A planet that sells torture and executions on sat teatime tele...ghost light was one of the best scripts ever written.

Ok fair enough , I've never seen it to be honest so I'll look out for it I'm in town tomorrow I'll see if it's in hmv

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here