Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Double Standards

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I just presumed that Spurs deliberately didn’t make it a flagged concussion substitutio, because they didn’t want him to have to miss their next game.
I don’t think there is any rule that means a player automatically misses the next game if they are concussion subbed. There certainly wasn’t when the rule was first introduced. Players have to be properly assessed before being cleared to return to training but there isn’t a set amount of time they have to sit out.

Jul 2, 2011
I don’t think there is any rule that means a player automatically misses the next game if they are concussion subbed. There certainly wasn’t when the rule was first introduced. Players have to be properly assessed before being cleared to return to training but there isn’t a set amount of time they have to sit out.
Im certain I heard in the commentary that a concussion sub imposes a 7 day rest from football activities.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Im certain I heard in the commentary that a concussion sub imposes a 7 day rest from football activities.
Yeah you appear to be right it’s a new rule brought in for this season. As @hans kraay fan club said that means clubs might be reluctant to use the concussion sub as they lose the player for the next game. That said with Romero it was obvious he had a head injury so you’d hope that despite the lack of concussion sub being used he’d still be subject to head injury protocols.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here