Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dorking Wanderers manager’s honest post match interview

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Did I say he lacked intelligence or hadn’t achieved anything? Maybe he’s just not cut out for man management.

Are you condoning and/or excusing his foul language on social media?
You said he was uneducated, which I understand to be without education. So if you are correct it's not necessarily his fault, it could be circumstances.
I would suggest that judging by his achievements at Dorking he is cut out for man-management.

His language mirrors much of what is found on mainstream media. It seems to be the way of the modern world.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm not sure he's someone I'd have a pint with, seems a bit obnoxious but what an incredible story and journey they've had under his tenure.

A town of around 11k (17k as a conurbation) yet are attracting crowds that much larger towns and clubs would struggle to get. Would love it if they defied all odds and made it in to the league.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From what I’ve heard he’s an uneducated bully and a nasty piece of work who can’t string a sentence together without expletives to cover up his limited vocabulary.
Worked for/with loads of very well educated and very senior bank executives (male and female) that would put anyone to shame with their bad language……….

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Worked for/with loads of very well educated and very senior bank executives (male and female) that would put anyone to shame with their bad language……….
I have a very posh (and wealthy) boss who relishes using the c-word, I quite enjoy it.

Only problem I'd have with this bloke is there might be kids/families that might want to hear his interview but not his spicy language

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
From what I’ve heard he’s an uneducated bully and a nasty piece of work who can’t string a sentence together without expletives to cover up his limited vocabulary.
The same clip was posted on reddit and someone made a similar comment. Coincidentally the guy who created the documentary about Dorking Wanderers uses Reddit and replied to it with the following:

"I work with MW. One of the funniest people I have ever known. He cares deeply about his club and the people who work there. Sure, he comes across quite brash but he's just being himself. No bullshit there.

During lockdown he was allowed 50 volunteers, so he gave those jobs to the locals who most needed them. People who were struggling on their own. He gave them purpose. He looks after the people around him. His employees love to work for him. The players love to play for him. I've never seen a dressing room like it anywhere else.

Maybe it's because he's a friend that I feel compelled to defend him. I just think it's mental that people who anonymously abuse him on social media think he's the twat. Honestly, I think you are for saying that."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a very posh (and wealthy) boss who relishes using the c-word, I quite enjoy it.
I used to work with a very posh accented girl who swore a lot. I found it quite sexy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's f*cking great.

It's worth remembering he's also the chairman, owner and founder of Dorking Wanderers.

12 promotions in 23 years, no relegations.

What a chap.

What the actual f*** has he done to his scalp?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The same clip was posted on reddit and someone made a similar comment. Coincidentally the guy who created the documentary about Dorking Wanderers uses Reddit and replied to it with the following:

"I work with MW. One of the funniest people I have ever known. He cares deeply about his club and the people who work there. Sure, he comes across quite brash but he's just being himself. No bullshit there.

During lockdown he was allowed 50 volunteers, so he gave those jobs to the locals who most needed them. People who were struggling on their own. He gave them purpose. He looks after the people around him. His employees love to work for him. The players love to play for him. I've never seen a dressing room like it anywhere else.

Maybe it's because he's a friend that I feel compelled to defend him. I just think it's mental that people who anonymously abuse him on social media think he's the twat. Honestly, I think you are for saying that."
Fair enough. Perhaps he needs to work on his PR

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I used to work with a very posh accented girl who swore a lot. I found it quite sexy.

The attached picture has very offensive language in, so be warned -

our (ex-runway model) manager put this in our booking diary, which made me laugh

Attachments

• IMG_20220412_140916.jpg
    IMG_20220412_140916.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 125

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

our (ex-runway model) manager put this in our booking diary, which made me laugh
I doubt he/she will want their phone number published on here 😉

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Ex-runway model eh? I might call your restaurant and be rude just so she swears at me :love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here