Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't forget ....

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't think CMS has been played out of position. He's a striker for heavens sake. His ability to position himself for chances was a million miles behind Barnes'. It's more to do with the step up of quality in Championship that got in his way. He can try endlessly, and i love his backline harrassment, but having an oxen touch doesn't really permit him to be anything but the final touch of a flowing move. He's a one-man band with the ball, and usually he's forgotten the bow for his fiddle and his saxophone mouthpiece is filled with goose fat. That doesn't mean he's a failure or doesn't have his uses. He'll bring something new to the team with his thunderous out-of-controlness, and that can end in goals. I am just unsure where he'll quite fit into another 4-3-3, even if he is closer to Ulloa when on. I'll welcome the madcapper back though and hope he's located somewhere a measuredness he's been thus far without.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
you dont get excited about anything, you boring sod!!

I've been away from this for a few months but noticed you still haven't had your personality transplant yet.....

Sorry pressed wrong button!! This was aimed at the joy that is Brighton Mark!!!

Last edited:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I also think the key to CMS regaining some form is having a visionary ball player like Orlandi available to supply those defence splitting passes for him and Ulloa to run onto. Maybe Kemy or even Spanish Dave when on form.

Too many times in the past CMS had to rely on balls from Dicker, Crofts (pre-Oscar) Bridcutt and Hammond, none of whom had frightening skill and vision going forward.

Plus some of CMS's best moments came from assists by Buckley. I hope Oscar is brave enough to play Ulloa, CMS, Orlandi and Buckley together. there is enough in that combination when on form to terrorise most defences. If Ince and the rejuvenated Crofts take the deeper midfield roles then maybe it could happen.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Who do you blame, the manager who spent millions on a striker who didn't fit into the tactics he wanted to play or the striker who wasn't suited to those tactics ? Let's just wait and see how Oscar handles it when CMS is fully fit because up to now he's approach to players has been different and he may well get the best out of CMS.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Is it possible for every fan to get behind their team and players just once? I cant understand why this is so hard.

I am looking forward to return of CMS, chasing down the defenders, charging at the keeper and scoring goals!

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Who do you blame, the manager who spent millions on a striker who didn't fit into the tactics he wanted to play or the striker who wasn't suited to those tactics ? Let's just wait and see how Oscar handles it when CMS is fully fit because up to now he's approach to players has been different and he may well get the best out of CMS.

Very much this. I'm going to thumb you for being so sensible!

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
All this nonsense that we never played to his strengths.
Great players fit in any formation.
He is a striker and he can't header a ball. End of.
He's a good lower league player who will scores goals but not good enough for this division.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
what will CMS role be ?we can rule out starting 442
so its cover or sub for ulloa
or throwing on another striker late on searching for a goal
or playing in a wide striking position ala theo Walcott
On consideration I think his best role may be subbing ulloa
if we are already up and looking to counter to seal a win

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
But you seem to want to replace him now, even though it's possible that he may be with us until July?

Not what I'm saying. I'd like us to spend on another striker, seeing as our options are now ridiculously limited. If Oscar wants to play attacking football Bridcutt doesn't need replacing so let's the buy a player for a position that needs filling.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If CMS still has the pace, then him and KLL could cause havoc, especially with a few nice balls from Orlandi.......and we have Leo as well.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So Hull didn't pay money for Proschwitz, Brady, Boyd, Chester, Meyler, Mclean or Fryatt then?

They paid £2.6 million for Proschwitz (who scored 3 goals in the league) and the others were already there or undisclosed cast offs. I think McLean cost £1 million the previous season, he scored 1 league goal.

Blackburn paid £11 million for Rhodes and Best up front.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
For once...I agree with you Kev.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We are a couple of weeks away from getting our £3.25m striker back on the pitch. I predict CMS is going to have a big say in the end of our campaign this season. I think he will excel under Garcia and have a new lease of life, playing with a bit more freedom and the pressure off from ploughing a lone furrow up front. Bound to be a bit rusty to start with but should start firing on all cylinders around mid march.

Kev's not often optimistic but I hope he is correct here.

There's not much evidence to support his opinion or his comments about the £8m loss (which was actually £9 m and likely to be much higher for 2013 when we announce results shortly), unless he means by 'eggs in one basket' moving to a new £100 million stadium, but I'm all for being positive.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kev's not often optimistic but I hope he is correct here.

There's not much evidence to support his opinion or his comments about the £8m loss (which was actually £9 m and likely to be much higher for 2013 when we announce results shortly), unless he means by 'eggs in one basket' moving to a new £100 million stadium, but I'm all for being positive.

Yeah I wonder how TB feels about having indulged Poyet with our biggest budget for years only to be told by Poyet he wanted out in the run in and then whinging about the budget after the play off final?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
All this nonsense that we never played to his strengths.
Great players fit in any formation.
He is a striker and he can't header a ball. End of.
He's a good lower league player who will scores goals but not good enough for this division.

May I suggest your post reflects your username.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here