Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Don’t drop off on the A27

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Maybe it’s just me although I have noticed Tesla drivers are becoming increasingly arrogant driving their oversized overpriced batteries around.
Not all Tesla drivers are becoming increasingly arrogant. I’m way too good for that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well they need to do more to discourage the dropping off. Literally hundreds of cars in and around the stadium after matches clogging thing up, which are absolutely not people leaving the official car parks.

I don’t personally understand why cars are allowed to drive up to the stadium after the game - it would make getting away a heck of a lot easier
If by ‘up to the stadium’ you mean ‘turn right at the lights onto Village Way’ then I don’t see how you can stop this. That road doesn’t only lead to the stadium ~ it leads to the car parks at the top, the David Lloyd leisure club, and various Brighton Uni sites. The club have no jurisdiction telling people they can’t drive up there.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If by ‘up to the stadium’ you mean ‘turn right at the lights onto Village Way’ then I don’t see how you can stop this. That road doesn’t only lead to the stadium ~ it leads to the car parks at the top, the David Lloyd leisure club, and various Brighton Uni sites. The club have no jurisdiction telling people they can’t drive up there.

Have the police/stewards ever made it very uncomfortable for folk waiting to collect on Village Way? I could be wrong …. I thought they had in the past. Otherwise it becomes a mass car park on double yellow lines around final whistle time.

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
If it happens so often ..

should they build a drop off zone?
As one who is not local and only know as the a27 as a car park anyway

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Didn’t they used to close the A27 (Old Shoreham Road) after games at the Goldstone?
I guess the trouble with something similar around the Amex is that it would actually create more chaos on bigger roads.
I’m not suggesting closing the A27, by the way, just Village Way.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Didn’t they used to close the A27 (Old Shoreham Road) after games at the Goldstone?
I guess the trouble with something similar around the Amex is that it would actually create more chaos on bigger roads.
I’m not suggesting closing the A27, by the way, just Village Way.
They definitely closed OSR after games, can’t recall before games though?

As for closing Village Way, well that’s a non starter, you would then be stopping access to Brighton University including their Halls of Residence and other facilities down there although the Private Health Club( Virgin I think)isn’t there anymore

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

As already mentioned in the thread a few times, there is a drop off zone in Sussex uni. The problem is, people are too lazy to use it and would prefer to cause problems and endanger themselves and others.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Think the idea is to encourage people not to use cars near the Amex.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They definitely closed OSR after games, can’t recall before games though?

As for closing Village Way, well that’s a non starter, you would then be stopping access to Brighton University including their Halls of Residence and other facilities down there although the Private Health Club( Virgin I think)isn’t there anymore
My point was that, at the time, OSR was the A27, was it not? And they were ok shutting it for a short period after games -certainly not before, to my knowledge.
Surely, the users of Village Way could be inconvenienced for a short while 20 odd days a year. Particularly if they had prior warning. I’m not sure the OSR closures were ever publicised and never heard anyone complain about it. Life was simpler then, though.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My point was that, at the time, OSR was the A27, was it not? And they were ok shutting it for a short period after games -certainly not before, to my knowledge.
Surely, the users of Village Way could be inconvenienced for a short while 20 odd days a year. Particularly if they had prior warning. I’m not sure the OSR closures were ever publicised and never heard anyone complain about it. Life was simpler then, though.
People complied in those days 😉

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the correct English ( and order) is Chicken Run & I 😂
I thought my MILF gag would get a few likes….all I get is my grammar corrected.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If they shut the slip road off the A27 to cars wanting to cross the Bridge it would stop most.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That’s not comparable at all though. If you closed the OSR between the two sets of lights either side of the Goldstone, there were routes to divert around the closure. Village Way is a dead end, with no alternative route to the Uni, etc.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

I'm sure both Brighton Uni & the gym could accept a half hour closure every 2 weeks, at a time when the road is practically unusable anyway given the volume of cars?

And no I don't mean just turning right into village way... why not close off the sliproads off the A27 (with a couple of stewards with cones to let busses in) close the drove up near woodingdean. Disable the village way lights and have a police officer directing traffic as necessary... would literally just be cars then driving out of the car parks. The place would be empty in 15 minutes. P&Rs would work much more efficiently and be able to absorb the extra traffic from all the people who currently insist on swarming around the stadium and hamming everything else up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here