Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Don’t drop off on the A27

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
A motorist who dropped off passengers on a busy dual carriageway has been sentenced to pay a fine and receive penalty points on her licence.

Staff with Sussex Police’s Roads Policing Unit said they were publicising the result of the case because some motorists take what officers called the "dangerous risk" on the A27 at Falmer, particularly on Brighton and Hove Albion Premier League match days or when events are held at Stanmer Park.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That is really stupid stopping there.
Obviously i know it’s not right or allowed but there is a bus stop a couple of meters away, at least that would have been safer on this occasion.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That is really stupid stopping there.
Obviously i know it’s not right or allowed but there is a bus stop a couple of meters away, at least that would have been safer on this occasion.

They dish out tickets for that too, so don't bother. If everyone starts dropping off at the bus stop, then the buses can't get in and end up coming to a halt on the main carriageway with traffic approaching at 70mph. Most drivers barely look beyond the end of their own bonnet when driving so it's a significant hazard.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I don't know this woman but feel 5 points and a grand fine is more than enough punishment without her name, face and website being plastered all over the Internet over Christmas because she picked a silly spot to drop her family off at the game.
No, could have caused a serious pile up, should have been banned for a few months too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it's safe to say the media release on this one would have been done not so much with a view to shaming the woman in question- whose name will have been a matter of public record in any case, having been convicted in court- but to send a message to others not to do the same.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
They dish out tickets for that too, so don't bother. If everyone starts dropping off at the bus stop, then the buses can't get in and end up coming to a halt on the main carriageway with traffic approaching at 70mph. Most drivers barely look beyond the end of their own bonnet when driving so it's a significant hazard.
I know that, that’s why I started the sentence with “Obviously”
From the photo on the link stopping on the bus stop ON THIS OCCASION would have been far safer…..this is the point I was TRYING to make…..apologies if you misunderstood what I wrote.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I don't know this woman but feel 5 points and a grand fine is more than enough punishment without her name, face and website being plastered all over the Internet over Christmas because she picked a silly spot to drop her family off at the game.
Reporting on open court hearings - in print, on the Internet or wherever - is key part of an open democracy.

Naming and shaming is also intended to be a deterrent to others.

And publishing the home address is intended to avoid defaming others with the same name.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Reporting on open court hearings - in print, on the Internet or wherever - is key part of an open democracy.

Naming and shaming is also intended to be a deterrent to others.

And publishing the home address is intended to avoid defaming others with the same name.
Oh yeah I totally understand it - but do we need photo's in the press reports and links to her website on here?

Obviously good will come out of it if nobody repeats the blunder and causes an accident.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'Naming and shaming will stop others from doing what they damn well please in their cars' - :lolol: :lolol: :lolol::lolol:

Bless all you lovely people, you're so sweet and innocent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here