Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
"You're Fired"

trump-01.jpg

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So 4 pages saying Trump wont win followed by one saying he will fail?:facepalm:

Whats next? How Trump wont get re-elected and the wall will fall down?:thumbsup:

trump-trump-trump-trump-trump-trump-shadilay-6025364.png

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Someone Has Finally Agreed to Perform at Donald Trump’s Inauguration

For the past few weeks, Donald Trump’s team has been scrambling to rustle up some big-name stars to perform at his impending presidential inauguration. Names like Elton John and Garth Brooks have floated around, only for both artists to bat down the rumors. More surprising acts like Motley Crue have even popped up in the running, as confirmed by lead singer Vince Neil—who later said that the band’s invitation to perform had been basically rescinded. Kanye West even went so far as to meet with Trump in person, though their tête–à–tête seems more closely tied to the rapper’s own political aspirations than a possible inauguration performance.

Now, it looks like one singer finally is confirmed to perform at the inauguration: 16-year-old opera star Jackie Evancho. The prodigious performer made the announcement in an interview with the Today show Wednesday, confirming that she would be singing the national anthem.

“It’s a little nerve-racking, but I’m honored,” she said. “I get to perform for the office. I’m very excited.”

This will be the most high-profile performance of Evancho’s career, though she’s no stranger to political events. She performed “O Holy Night” at the National Christmas Tree Lighting for President Barack Obama in 2010, and sang at the National Prayer Breakfast in 2012. Prior to that, she competed in America’s Got Talent in 2010, finishing in second place.

Presidential Inaugural Committee Communications Director Boris Epshteyn released the following statement about Evancho's selection, saying the committee is “delighted” to have her perform: “As the youngest solo artist to ever go platinum, she is a true role model and inspiration for people young and old in our country and around the globe. Jackie represents the best and the brightest of America.”

Trump going down the opera route makes sense in light of recent developments. He is apparently also trying to court singer (and his longtime friend) Andrea Bocelli to perform at the inauguration. The legendary opera star will be performing at Madison Square Garden this Thursday, and reportedly has a meeting with Trump on Friday, Page Six reports. Representatives for Bocelli have not yet responded to Vanity Fair‘s request. Knowing Trump, he’ll probably tweet about it as soon as it happens—if it actually happens at all.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/12/donald-trump-inauguration-singer

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm so sorry for doing this, especially as I really can't stand political "debate" but I did find it amusing/worrying to see that the man, who will soon be in arguably the most scrutinised/criticised jobs in the world, felt the need to react to an actress having a dig at him.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38556030

Donald Trump has hit back over Meryl Streep's criticism of him as she received a lifetime achievement award at the Golden Globes.

Mr Trump tweeted: "Meryl Streep, one of the most overrated actresses in Hollywood, doesn't know me but attacked last night at the Golden Globes.

"She is a Hillary flunky who lost big."

:lolol:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This whole "it doesn't matter who you voted for, I'm going to be a president for all of you" and wanting to halt any sort of divide seems slightly ruined by calling someone a "Hilary flunky" :lolol:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I'm so sorry for doing this, especially as I really can't stand political "debate" but I did find it amusing/worrying to see that the man, who will soon be in arguably the most scrutinised/criticised jobs in the world, felt the need to react to an actress having a dig at him.

Donald Trump has hit back over Meryl Streep's criticism of him as she received a lifetime achievement award at the Golden Globes.

Mr Trump tweeted: "Meryl Streep, one of the most overrated actresses in Hollywood, doesn't know me but attacked last night at the Golden Globes.

He does it quite a lot! Here's a couple of others:

After VP Pence was 'harrassed' at a performance of Hamilton:

"The cast and producers of Hamilton, which I hear is highly overrated, should immediately apologize to Mike Pence for their terrible behavior"

After Vanity Fair ran a scathing article on him:

"Has anyone looked at the really poor numbers of VanityFair Magazine. Way down, big trouble, dead! Graydon Carter, no talent, will be out!"

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Trump's notoriously thin-skin (albeit with a tan) is exposed again.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Does show how absolutely brainless some of these 'celebs' are.Hope they've got their tax affairs squeaky clean as the IRS are going to be really busy in February!:lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im assuming/hoping that once President he'll have his twitter account confiscated. for one thing he couldnt use it from a security point of view in case it got hacked, unless they brought the Twitter into government control (pretty much what Hillary is accused of, running email server outside the jurisdiction of the government.)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Could take over the presidential Twatter account.Might make better reading than it does now!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Very odd comments on here, maybe reflecting the idiot culture at the moment..

Leftwingers are under the impression that they are entitled to a free punch, to have a go with no comeback or consequences. C/assic example is calling someone a racist when you dont like the persons opinions, expecting either they defend themselves or are silenced. Those days are coming to an end, trolls for one will automatic click whats going on and attack the person back, Trump is a bit of a troll and defiantly a pugalistic type. He is entitled to defend himself against a bunch off ill educated hollyweird lovies with barley a high school diploma between them.

CiBKVNvUUAAcrl5.png

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Probably the first sensible thing Trump has (ever) said. Over-rated indeed.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
im assuming/hoping that once President he'll have his twitter account confiscated. for one thing he couldnt use it from a security point of view in case it got hacked, unless they brought the Twitter into government control (pretty much what Hillary is accused of, running email server outside the jurisdiction of the government.)

Its social media, something very different. Trumps social media consists of Facebook, Twitter and Tumbler, run by 6 people during the election. I am sure he will keep those seperate and not make the same mistakes Hillary did.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I actually think Streep's speech was a bit cringey to be honest.

But the fact that the President of The United States is sniping back at her like a 14 year-old child on Twitter says an awful lot about a man who is set to be hugely powerful.

He is a fragile bully who wants everybody to like him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He appears to have the debating and reasoning skills of a 6 year old mid-tantrum. Putin is going to play him like a violin.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Inauguration is not till the 20th-he can do as he likes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Inauguration is not till the 20th-he can do as he likes.

Shouldn't he at least start practicing being an adult before then, so that he's a bit more ready for it?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here