Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
I have to ask. Regardless of his political leanings - don't you, as a human being, find Trump the most horrific example of a human? Money driven, humourless, misogynistic, boorish, egocentric, nasty, selfish, utterly stupid, greedy fat cat banal bully. Even if I supported his idiotic policies I just don't understand how anyone could possibly look at the witless, soulless troll and feel anything other than utter contempt and revulsion.

This is how the media edits and misrepresents. He has his faults as does Biden, except they get amplified and suppressed depending on who it is.

Biden has a long history of making racist remarks, Hillary as well (Super predators) and yet for a man with no filter on his mouth they can't produce one but still try to portray Trump as a bigot. Don't you find that strange?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This is how the media edits and misrepresents. He has his faults as does Biden, except they get amplified and suppressed depending on who it is.

Biden has a long history of making racist remarks, Hillary as well (Super predators) and yet for a man with no filter on his mouth they can't produce one but still try to portray Trump as a bigot. Don't you find that strange?
Yeah not a bigot.

Yeah not a single one (in last 3 days)

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Ok. Delusional. Your reply tells me all I need to know.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I find it astonishing that some people still believe that the laptop isn’t real

So the president's father (cough - son) owned a laptop, and had it repaired. The data on the laptop was looked at (possibly without a warrant). And no wrongdoing by the president was found.

Wow, stop the press!

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah not a bigot.

Yeah not a single one (in last 3 days)

Apparently it was hard to find but Kimmel has some footage of Donny's audience at that event...

...predominately white

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
So the president's father owned a laptop, and had it repaired. The data on the laptop was looked at (possibly without a warrant). And no wrongdoing by the president was found.

Wow, stop the press!
President's son.
The laptop exists. Rudi Guliani got his hands on it and got a Russian techie involved. Even after that, there is no evidence connecting Joe Biden to any wrongdoing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree with you 👍.
And then I think...what sort of life do the people have that actually want Trump to be their leader? What issues do they have? What social circles do they keep? Are they totally angry all the time?
And yet some think Biden is worse.

Biden may be a gaff-prone father of a dodgy son, and is a needlessly weak candidate when there must be so much (well, some) younger talent in the Democrat ranks.

But compared with Trump . . . . . he is much the preferable.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well seemingly I’ve been whooshed, but I’ve never watched The Imbetweeners or understand the reference to it. I shall therefore bow to your moral and intellectual superiority and assume the meme is absolutely f***ing hilarious.
I've never watched it either.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree with you 👍.
And then I think...what sort of life do the people have that actually want Trump to be their leader? What issues do they have? What social circles do they keep? Are they totally angry all the time?
I assume, from what I have read from the Trump 'supporters' on here is they are turning a blind eye* to Trump's 'shortcomings' because they think that if Biden were to become president (forgetting that he is, er, president because they think Trump won the last election like he keeps saying he did) the nation would be thrown into communistic catholic chaos.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

What? Both 'sides' slag each other off in equal measure: 'Sleepy/Creepy/Paedo Joe', etc etc

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

And here you have it, the amount you have to look the other way and ignore what is in front of you to support trump.

Danson sets out a charge sheet of 11 unpleasant behaviours. CD ignores ten of them and then ignores the evidence of the last one while then shifting the focus to Biden (and Hilary).

Textbook.

None so blind as those that won't see.

Last edited:

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Rather than polls of the future, what about the voting just gone? In Michigan, the Felony Factory won with 68%. In South Carolina, he won with 60%. Looks pretty resounding.

Except. 30% of republicans voted for someone else in Michigan., 40% in SC. Here, at least a third of 'his base' don't want him (Biden got north of 95% in his last one).

That doesn't mean those no votes will go to Biden in the general election, probably not, but some will, and I'd be willing to bet a lot will abstain.

Maybe I'm terribly optimistic and/or naive, but I can't believe it'll happen all over again. They're a funny bunch, those Americans.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Rather than polls of the future, what about the voting just gone? In Michigan, the Felony Factory won with 68%. In South Carolina, he won with 60%. Looks pretty resounding.

Except. 30% of republicans voted for someone else in Michigan., 40% in SC. Here, at least a third of 'his base' don't want him (Biden got north of 95% in his last one).

That doesn't mean those no votes will go to Biden in the general election, probably not, but some will, and I'd be willing to bet a lot will abstain.

Maybe I'm terribly optimistic and/or naive, but I can't believe it'll happen all over again. They're a funny bunch, those Americans.
Exactly this. Trump is as close to being an incumbent without actually being an incumbent. So getting only ~60% of the vote is, quite frankly, sad.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Looks like he has successfully got some of his cases pushed back till after the election. When he can scrap them (if he wins).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I’m not taking opinion polls too seriously at this stage - we are still 9 months out from the election. There is also a possibly of up to a 6% margin of error in polling ( as discussed up thread). What State the polls were carried out in can also affect the outcome.

Some of the latest polls show mixed result:
A recent poll has Biden ahead of support from young voters:

And a yougov poll has Trump and Biden both on 44% for example.

I don’t think anything can be read into polling results at this stage other than this will be a very tight election - maybe even more so than 2016.

You're right.

And in the republican primaries Trump is both consistently performing worse than polling and the fact Hayley is still taking about a 1/3 of votes, shows there's still a reasonable chunk of republicans who don't want him.

In 2020 there was a considerable amount of republicans who saw the dangers of Trump and voted Biden to stop him.

Is there really many if any, since the GE 2020 and all that happened since with election denial, insurrection, stealing documents, that have had an epiphany and will now vote Trump after all?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Looks like he has successfully got some of his cases pushed back till after the election. When he can scrap them (if he wins).

That's the value of appointing 3 Supreme Court judges who would prefer not to have to publically stand against him. They all know full well that he should not be considered immune from prosecution and if these cases were against a Democrat they'd have ruled by now. It's shameful but it's the state of "democracy" in the US currently and this is the biggest issue - the Supreme Court is a decades long problem. A President will come and go (or that used to be the case, rather than the same person wanting to lose for a third election in a row) but the Supreme Court appointees can shape and re-shape the legal landscape of the country for generations.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here