Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don Goodman (Sky Sports website) gives up waiting for BHA to slide

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Goodman is a legend in my eyes, one of the very first Sunderland players I remember playing for us and at the time being all over the fanzines etc

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Goodman always seems to favour whoever we're playing. Really can't stand the bloke.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would you expect Goodman or Lawrenson to know what they are talking about as they only played football at the top level for some years, unlike most on NSC who didnt even reach top amateur status yet alone be a pro footballer.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Delivery for Don Goodman..

attachment.php

Attachments

• humble pie.jpg
    humble pie.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 265

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why would you expect Goodman or Lawrenson to know what they are talking about as they only played football at the top level for some years, unlike most on NSC who didnt even reach top amateur status yet alone be a pro footballer.

They're pundits. It's their job to do research or read what researchers find for them.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
You had to read to the end for the punchline:

GOODMAN SAYS: "I have to be honest, I have been waiting for Brighton to start sliding down the table - slowly but surely. But I gave up that theory about six to eight games ago. It was then I realised that this is a team capable of sustaining their challenge because they have the ability to keep going and going. They never give in."

GOODMAN SAYS: "I haven't seen Brighton play yet this season."

To paraphrase Alan Partridge: That's liquid punditing!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Does he need to have seen them play live with the TV video footage he has. CH and his team will have coverage of Derbys games to watch before they decide on the team and tactics for Saturday.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I wonder how long the rest of the pundit's take to realise this. Me personally hope they don't as clubs will underestimate us still and keep coming unstuck

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Does he need to have seen them play live with the TV video footage he has. CH and his team will have coverage of Derbys games to watch before they decide on the team and tactics for Saturday.

You have changed the meaning by adding the word 'live' yourself.

Don's words were simply "I haven't seen Brighton play yet this season."

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
You had to read to the end for the punchline:

GOODMAN SAYS: "I have to be honest, I have been waiting for Brighton to start sliding down the table - slowly but surely. But I gave up that theory about six to eight games ago. It was then I realised that this is a team capable of sustaining their challenge because they have the ability to keep going and going. They never give in."

You couldn't write it.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I love this Goodman heaps praise on the Albion and thinks we are in it for the Long run and hes a ****ing prick.

Lawerson seems like he doesnt think we will make it to the end of the season without falling away, he is a prick as well.

**** it everyone is a prick.

Pricks can say nice things and bad things and still be pricks.

Case in point: Robbie Savage. I'm sure he says nice things sometimes but he's still an insufferable gobshite whilst he's saying them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here