Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As Cummings was part of the government for the majority of period under investigation, surely he's partly to blame? So when he's slagging everyone off, isn't he effectively slagging himself off?

Either way both him and Johnson are insufferable untrustworthy bellends who the world could well do without.

To be fair to him, I’ve lost count of the number of times he has apologised in the last 15mins.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just seems like an opportunity for him to put knife in. What is to be gained by this. We all know some things on reflection were done wrong ( I am sure on advise of experts ) and hopefully UK and other countries will deal with it better next time

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
“In February the PM regarded Covid as a scare story.........not the right person to chair a cobra meeting”.

Come on Dom, tell us something we don’t know.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Only one loser here.

It won’t be Cummings or either committees!

The majority of people know that the PM is unfit to lead the Country but that’s priced in with his voters because of his nationalism, Brexit and rejection of identity politics.

Do people really want his profound incompetence rubbed in their faces? His detractors already know it and his millions and millions of supporters just don’t care.

Have the media got this wrong by hyping it so much and what will the Government be announcing today/tomorrow in order to wrestle back control of the front pages?

True this.

Incredible as it sounds, enough people in the country to form a working parliamentary majority are totally indifferent to whether the Prime Minister is honest or competent.

As long as johnny foreigner is continually denounced and taxation on them isn't noticeably higher ... carry on Boris

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1397476998851796996[/tweet]

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
If he was chief advisor and handling of covid was so bad why didnt he resign on principle instead of waiting until he was asked to leave before putting boot in. Sure we will be hearing how he set up roll out of vaccination before he left

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Shame we don't still have a Bear Pit. Cummings was loyally supported by Boris in the face of universal criticism. The miserable, pinch faced scruffbag now gets a platform to attack and undermine Boris. Cummings would be called a snake in the grass and certainly a tough act to employ.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As Cummings was part of the government for the majority of period under investigation, surely he's partly to blame? So when he's slagging everyone off, isn't he effectively slagging himself off?

Either way both him and Johnson are insufferable untrustworthy bellends who the world could well do without.

i think his case is that if it werent for him, the rest of them wouldnt have changed course and things would have been worse.

im interested in whether he was drawing attention to healthcare advise, or making it up for them too. it continues to be overlooked how much or little preparation there was for any response.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
If only we had put dealing with the virus in the hands of Cummings we would never of had a problem.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
What a **** that Cummings is!!! A vile piece of human shit. How the **** he can pass the buck is beyond me !!!!

Johnson is a clown and unfit to run this country in my view but Cummings is the biggest piece of shit ever and I really hope he crawls back into the pit he came out and never appears again but sadly the little **** will make a living of this

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
As above, what a twunt.

giphy (1).gif

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
How anyone on here can honestly say they believe what Cummings says is beyond me after the shameless way he conducted himself during the first lockdown, the guy is a charlatan with zero credibility!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ben Warner he keeps mentioning was his mate he got in to help lead the vote leave campaign

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
He has come a long way since the early days advertising for Tefal.

0cdce5acecc6746a001251bb7200e791.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If only we had put dealing with the virus in the hands of Cummings we would never of had a problem.

I think his point was that he shared the blame, albeit he was not holding Boris back from decisive action because Boris was even less concerned than him. I am in a meeting now (dull) so can't listen to the radio. I thought Cummings was coming across well. Rather shocking that the COBRA meetings were leaked. I don't think anything that will damage Boris had emerged (before ten). I say all this as a labour party member, not a Boris fanboy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here