Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Doing The 92

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I think it gets very hard to do by following one particular club. As others have said they've done a lot of grounds with the Albion but due to relegations/promotions in and out of the football league as well as ourselves and ground changes it gets hard. It might be easier for a team who is perennially bouncing between leagues one and two as they'd see the most variety in teams coming and going simply by going to the bulk of away games with their own team. They could then top up by taking in Premier League games as and when

It is probably easiest to do as a neutral ticking off grounds willy nilly

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’ve done 70, some of which won’t exist now.

Notable omissions from list, Old Trafford and Anfield (Everton Tranmere, Stockport Oldham no problem though!)

I really should chalk these off at some point

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I've done about 60 of the 92. I wish, in a big way, that when we were in the lower leagues I'd gone to more.
For example, Crewe, Burton Albion (had a ticket but massively hungover and missed the train), Stockport, Leeds, Macclesfield - all
the type of grounds I wish I'd been to.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Ah, miscounted, it's 9 actually - Accrington, Barrow, Carlisle, Fleetwood, Harrogate, Morecambe, Newport, Salford, Sunderland. Missed our game at Sunderland in 2004, think that's the only time we've played there in my time really.
That lines up with the few teams I don't think we've played, what about Sutton? Have we ever played them?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've done about 60 of the 92. I wish, in a big way, that when we were in the lower leagues I'd gone to more.
For example, Crewe, Burton Albion (had a ticket but massively hungover and missed the train), Stockport, Leeds, Macclesfield - all
"I wish I'd gone to Leeds when we were in the lower leagues"

I see what you've done there and I like it! (y)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That’s the one.
Spurs is a good example of different grounds. I’ve seen us play them in three different grounds.
Yep, it's a good one. Only remembered when filling it in that I've seen Brighton play Charlton away at Selhurst, Upton Park and The Valley. Only counts as 1/92 though.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I got as close as 8 short several years ago. All barring Stevenage and Birmingham with the Albion. With new grounds and new clubs I'm about 19 short now.

I've done 95 different grounds out of the current 92. 121 in total in this country.

Not counted anything off these shores but I expect you can probably add another 50 or so.

And god knows how many in non-non league.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
LOVELY touch to subtly include Leeds in with the lower league DROSS.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Won the jackpot in a fruit machine in Crewe and the landlady turned off the machine after I had cashed out as apparently she didn’t want anymore locals money leaving the locally economy. We took our party of 8-10 who were all drinking elsewhere, which she didn’t see the irony of.

Also, the smallest tv’s I have ever seen in a pub convinced they were pc monitors

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm on 84 of the current 92 and virtually all of those with Albion I think. Wish I'd done Carlisle with Albion when I had the chance. :ROFLMAO:

I have done Carlisle and it wasn't a pleasant experience. The last time we went there in League One, I think we got battered 3-0 or 3-1. I remember it being freezing, dreary and dull anyway.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
18 to go all lower league

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think I've seen Albion at over 80 grounds but mostly in the lower leagues (and quite a few of those are now in non-league).

Note to others: moving 5,000 miles away for 21 years does not help much in accumulating new grounds.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Done 85 all the lower one's except Bury, I always had work or ill when that came round. Missed all of the top clubs, now stopped so that's that!

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I have done Carlisle and it wasn't a pleasant experience. The last time we went there in League One, I think we got battered 3-0 or 3-1. I remember it being freezing, dreary and dull anyway.
I like Carlisle as a ground. It would be better when full I imagine as both times I went the stand behind the goal wasn't open giving it a bit of a 3 sided feel. But the big, newish stand that houses the away fans is of a decent standard and the other two stands are quirky enough to give it a bit of character.

I was also at the battering, I think you're right it was 3-1. We definitely scored in that game but it was a consolation to say the least. That was under Adams, so I had a look as I was sure I went to another game there which we drew 0-0. In fact it was twice more, the season after we were thrashed there we actually won there 2-0 under Slade (don't remember that at all) with Forster scoring both goals. The following year which was the year we went up we drew 0-0. Unless we've played there in a cup (don't think so) we've not played there since

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I’ve spent a few minutes counting them up! Done 84, but plenty of them will have been bulldozed by now, so probably only 50ish of the current 92.

I’ve also done 55 overseas and you can add about another 80 if we extend it to other sports home and abroad, mainly cricket and rugby.

I have also been to more than 100 just to look at the ground if I was in town but no game was on, including ones overseas like the Maracana and Bombonera

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here