Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Doing The 92

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Apologies if there is already a thread for this, feel free to merge.

But I wanted to know who had achieved visiting every ground in the league? Or has at least attempted? Or almost managed it without even trying, through following the Albion over the past 30 years?

And if so, what you used to keep track - did you use futbology, or something similar?

It's something I definitely plan to attempt at some point in life.

1706260729403.png

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
There's a couple of people in our group who are very close to completing the current 92, although not solely through following the Albion (given the number of clubs in Leagues One and Two who were in non league when we were last down there).

AFAIK, they use spreadsheets/phone notes to keep track. I do know of an Albion fan who has a spreadsheet of every game they've ever attended, with the score and scorers included. This started as a handwritten log when they were young, which has since been digitised.

In a way, it is very interesting to be able to know stats like how many Albion goals they've seen scored, who they've seen score the most (in terms of both home and visiting players) etc.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
I got to about 70 then had kids, tracked it on a spreadsheet. It gives me an added interest in the league two relegation / conference promotion story where grounds can be won or lost.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I logged mine on here a few months ago;

The rules are that you have to have been to the current grounds of the current 92 which ruled out quite a few for me. My 95 became 59.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There used to be a website where you could tick off a ground when you’d attended a game there, but then new grounds were being built, so it was more than 92, and teams dropped down to Conference, so I stopped, and I think the website itself has gone. I got up to 74 but rarely go to away games now.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I use footballgroundmap.com. Currently at 69 of the 92 although I've done a few that have been relegated out of the league!

138 grounds in total so far for me. You can log your visit to pretty much any ground in the UK, including any former homes of clubs you have visited (ie I've done Roker Park but not Stadium of Light). European grounds can be logged too.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I'm only on 77 out of 92 so 15 to go, which are all far flung northern outposts, a lot of the clubs I've been to have been relegated to Non-League. (Oldham, Rochdale, Hartlepool, Barnet).

If I check my futbology app I've seen Brighton in 83 different grounds, some are demolished and non league now. I've seen the U21 in 15 different grounds (3 doubles), and I've seen the Women in 10 grounds (6 doubles). So I think that means I've seen a Brighton team of some form play in 99 different grounds. There are some teams which we've never played in the football league (Morecambe, Fleetwood, Sutton at least) so I don't think anyone could have done the 92 with just Brighton. The only person I've met who has attended every single 92 club with their own club was an AFC Wimbledon Fan, but he hasn't been to every current ground.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm nowhere near (61 at the last count, this is based on remembering, with my brain!) but doing that count just now I realised that without ground hopping I'll never get near as its the lower divisions that are my problem. After Saturday I will have done 16/20 Premier League and hope to do Burnley and Brentford's new ground (with a bit of luck, have missed out last 2 seasons) later this season, leaving just Luton (can't go / not enough points anyway) and Man City (I really CBA with this trip, a soulless answer to Man U with no chance of winning).

I've also done all the top 11 of the Championship, except for Coventry so won't be getting a new one next season more than likely, in fact I've done 21/24 of the current Championship.

Of the current League Two however I've done SIX: Stockport, Notts Co, Bradford, Swindon, Gillingham and Grimsby. That's not really likely to change any time soon!

So I will be content to stick on the 60 somethings and resort to remembering things rather than paying for futbology.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I'm nowhere near (61 at the last count, this is based on remembering, with my brain!) but doing that count just now I realised that without ground hopping I'll never get near as its the lower divisions that are my problem. After Saturday I will have done 16/20 Premier League and hope to do Burnley and Brentford's new ground (with a bit of luck, have missed out last 2 seasons) later this season, leaving just Luton (can't go / not enough points anyway) and Man City (I really CBA with this trip, a soulless answer to Man U with no chance of winning).

I've also done all the top 11 of the Championship, except for Coventry so won't be getting a new one next season more than likely, in fact I've done 21/24 of the current Championship.

Of the current League Two however I've done SIX: Stockport, Notts Co, Bradford, Swindon, Gillingham and Grimsby. That's not really likely to change any time soon!

So I will be content to stick on the 60 somethings and resort to remembering things rather than paying for futbology.
How weird I’m on 61 as well (will be after spurs )

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've done
78 of the current 92 grounds.
22 previous grounds of the current 92 that have been replaced
11 that were in the league at the time of going.

So 111 in total.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There used to be a website where you could tick off a ground when you’d attended a game there, but then new grounds were being built, so it was more than 92, and teams dropped down to Conference, so I stopped, and I think the website itself has gone. I got up to 74 but rarely go to away games now.
https://www.footballgroundmap.com/92-club

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How weird I’m on 61 as well (will be after spurs )
Spurs is a great ground mate and the area's still just as looney. One of my son's favourite away days (albeit we'll miss this season as away for half term).

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
I have had to go and update my spreadsheet......to list it as the current 92 (23/24) - also have conference in there as well

of the current 92 I have 47

It also depends how picky you want to be on grounds - i have seen Brighton play at Gilliangham - but not as the away team .........

also old v new stdiums i.e brentford / spurs etc

1706263010558.png

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Stalled badly when the kids were young but now they're addicted. New grounds are a good leverage to getting homework done

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

I completed the 92 back in 1989-90, but most of them were not Albion games, and there have obviously been lots of new grounds and clubs since then which I haven't been to.

I guess I am a lapsed member of The 92 Club.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm on 84 of the current 92 and virtually all of those with Albion I think. Wish I'd done Carlisle with Albion when I had the chance. :ROFLMAO:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here