Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dogs being used as Shark Bait

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Not just Labs. It's just that one of those was found alive.

A man has been arrested by cops probing the use of live dogs as shark bait, it was revealed last night.

Cops on French-controlled Reunion Island say a man will appear in court tomorrow. And last night the French Embassy vowed to target more rogue fishermen.

It said: “Such acts are illegal and intolerable.”

Animal welfare group Sea Shepherd will pay £680 to any cop who catches a fisherman baiting a dog.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Dick Knights Mum said:
I used live crab as fish bait once - it didn't feel right. We were planning on eating the fish - had we caught anything. As it was - the crab died in vain.

He did`nt die in vain at all. He contributed to you having a good days fishing abeit a fishless one. So much better he died like that than alone under some weedy rock with no one to care for him in his later days. At least he had a purpose.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Dick Knights Mum said:
I used live crab as fish bait once - it didn't feel right. We were planning on eating the fish - had we caught anything. As it was - the crab died in vain.

I used to go fishing off the toll bridge in Shoreham using bread as bait. I only ever hooked crabs.

I wouldn't kill them - I'd put them in the middle of the road and see if they got to the curbside without being run over. The prize for the fortunate crustacians that made it was a one way ticket back the the middle of the road.

Kept me entertained as a kid anyhow...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
nail-Z-gull said:
I used to go fishing off the toll bridge in Shoreham using bread as bait. I only ever hooked crabs.

I wouldn't kill them - I'd put them in the middle of the road and see if they got to the curbside without being run over. The prize for the fortunate crustacians that made it was a one way ticket back the the middle of the road.

Now that is dreadful

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Everest said:
Not just Labs. It's just that one of those was found alive.

A man has been arrested by cops probing the use of live dogs as shark bait, it was revealed last night.

Cops on French-controlled Reunion Island say a man will appear in court tomorrow. And last night the French Embassy vowed to target more rogue fishermen.

It said: “Such acts are illegal and intolerable.”

Animal welfare group Sea Shepherd will pay £680 to any cop who catches a fisherman baiting a dog.

Says the French Embassy? Who are well known for their love of horsemeat, and archaic or non-existent animal welfare regulations!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
nail-Z-gull said:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Dick Knights Mum said:

I did that as well when I was in Ascension Island.

I used a crab to catch some squid which takes some killing I can tell you. Meant to eat the Squid but it just rotted and smelled in a bucket and ended up being thrown in back in the sea. On the same holiday We also spent about 5 minutes bashing a Tuna over the head trying to kill it with a series of conversations along the lines of 'I'm trying to kill it, it just wont die' 'Is there a hammer on the boat anywhere' 'Its still not dead'

I'd have been a crap caveman.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Used to catch eels off the beach and then throw them into the outdoor swimming pool in Worthing (the lido) just as they opened at 10am.They never lived long because of the chlorine but you should have heard the shrieks from the early swimmers as they swam round their legs.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Now crabs they got the full treatment. Used to put them on the seat of a deckchair and then hit the back of the canvass and it would send them up 30m in the air. They would land back in the sea from the pier if they where lucky or sometimes land on the head of a passing daytripper. Marvellous days

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
Live peeler crab makes an excellent bait for Bass,cant beat fresh lugworm for bait though.............which reminds me I must dust off my rods and reels get down to Pevensey Bay again soon,havent been fishing for ages.........

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
I would like to add that I am now totally against any unnesassary cruelty to animals as thats what my solicitor made me say at my trial.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
H block said:
Now crabs they got the full treatment. Used to put them on the seat of a deckchair and then hit the back of the canvass and it would send them up 30m in the air. They would land back in the sea from the pier if they where lucky or sometimes land on the head of a passing daytripper. Marvellous days

That is the second funniest thing I have ever read on NSC

:D :p :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Kev the Ape visiting Falmer with his mum

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here