Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dogs being used as Shark Bait

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
The other issue is shark fishing. which i think they are trying to ban in some areas because of depleting stocks. saddens me to think that my grandchildren might never see/hear about some species because the human race drove them to extinction.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
bhaexpress said:
Disgusting, no wonder people often think they're uncivilised. Mind you it's down to different values as we are a nation of dog lovers.

what do you mean "they" ?

surely not the french.....this is the island of reunion, a technical part of france situated in the indian ocean...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its not much fun taking a fish for a walk.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I suppose if the dog had died of natural causes it would be okay to use it as bait. Would be easier than burying it...

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
this is fooking sick and anyone that thinks otherwise is heartless and imoral.

Awaits all the twats to try and argue

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
The only problem i have is the dog's aren't dead before being used. The people that generally get wound up by this sort of thing are the sort who complain about horsemeat, but quite happily tuck into roast beef.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Voroshilov said:
The only problem i have is the dog's aren't dead before being used. The people that generally get wound up by this sort of thing are the sort who complain about horsemeat, but quite happily tuck into roast beef.

Thats because most normal people do have a problem with eating animals that are kept as pets, as opposed to animals bred for the purpose of food.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That is one of the funniest things I have ever read, whatever next, taking cows into a shed and shooting them, keeping baby cows in small cages in the dark and then shooting them. Tsk tsk

Dave the sicko dog hater

BTW, what sort of dogs do they use? Afghans

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Race said:
Thats because most normal people do have a problem with eating animals that are kept as pets, as opposed to animals bred for the purpose of food.

But some people breed Horses as food. Anyway I find the distinction spurious, it's ok to eat this lot of animals, but not ok to eat those cos they're fluffy-wuff and cute. f*** em I'll eat em all.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Race said:

But most 'normal' people don't have a problem with making the distinction between "animals kept as pets" and "animals bred for the purpose of food"?

Presumably then it would be barbaric to keep a dog in a space the size of a shoebox, give it malnutrition, slit it's throat and let McDonalds come and collect the remains, but it's ok to do that to a chicken because it gives us something that tastes good?

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
is it any wonder that sharks attack humans, this kind of thing only trains sharks to eat things other than their natural food sources

this is why shark feeding/baiting is starting to get banned around the world, it already is in florida

:angry:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
What breed of dog were they? If they were those little yappy bastards I'm all for it, btw.

Labrador puppies, so the paper said.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
I was absolutely horrified after seeing those pictures of that hook through the dogs mouth.As a keen fisherman I and most of my fellow anglers always advocate the use of barbless hooks so that our catch can be returned unharmed to the water to fight another day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here