Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Tony Bloom want us to go down?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I get it now.

Bloom has his eyes on the Conference South title.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Don't wish to sound rude, but your post is idiotic.

No Tony does not want the team to get relegated, he would love it for them to be playing in the premiership. And yes I do know this as fact.

Well when you look at what his former mate has just done at Brentford, I suppose you do wonder. Benham has virtually stalled the Bees promotion push just when they have enough points to guarantee staying in the Championship this season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Worst thread that wasnt fishing ever?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think a few fans get confused a new stadium does not mean we should be in the PL, all we have is a somewhere to call home at long last and you have to thank TB for that not slate him.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
The whole thing stinks .... Not so sure anymore this club is is in the hands of someone who wants to keep it.
Given the benefit of the doubt - is Tony Bloom the victim of poor advice or poor judgement ? Neither are good news for a proven gambler .
Surrounding yourself with overpaid , under performing staff - who prove difficult to dismiss without fiancial penaltiies can't in the end be an excuse for pressing the " premiereship ready " button ... whilst simultaneously
dismantling the team.
Do you trust the club - what they say - or more importantly what they dont say ?
As I said - this stinks .
Apart from bricks and mortar - an interest in the hotel industry ...
Do you think tony Blloom has another agenda ?

What Tony Bloom the Brighton supporter :ffsparr:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Don't wish to sound rude, but your post is idiotic.

No Tony does not want the team to get relegated, he would love it for them to be playing in the premiership. And yes I do know this as fact.

I'm sure he doesn't want us to get relegated but in addition i'm quite sure he doesn't know how to get us promoted to the Premiership. There is a little of the emperors new clothes about Tony and those he surrounds himself with. It is as if the club has lost ambition (one ambition maybe) or that fright has taken hold. There have been some key decisions that have been extremely poor and now the club finds itself at the foot of the table with no guarantee of survival in this division.

I understand the op in his observations but maybe not his interpretation, however the executive have made a complete hash of this season and that is without doubt!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
The whole thing stinks .... Not so sure anymore this club is is in the hands of someone who wants to keep it.
Given the benefit of the doubt - is Tony Bloom the victim of poor advice or poor judgement ? Neither are good news for a proven gambler .
Surrounding yourself with overpaid , under performing staff - who prove difficult to dismiss without fiancial penaltiies can't in the end be an excuse for pressing the " premiereship ready " button ... whilst simultaneously
dismantling the team.
Do you trust the club - what they say - or more importantly what they dont say ?

After reading that he probably gives very slightly less of a shit than he did before. Well done.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
TB's biggest problem is that his team do not appear to be football people, maybe he got lucky with Poyet because it's all been a rapid slide downhill since he lost control of the football side and was sacked. The decline was briefly held at bay impressively by Oscar but he wanted out asap. We have built fantastic facilities and failed miserably to provide a team worthy of them since Gus left.

It's not all about FFP and cutting back because we are supposedly spending more than ever on the squad, it's just that it's been cobbled together badly. Have we been using the same system as Brentford intend to do with player recruitment? From the outside it seems this rather bizarre policy would explain the type of player we have been signing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31527831

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
dismantling the team.

Last edited by virgs; Yesterday at 21:46. Reason: Spelling

Well that worked well :)

In response to your post, absolutely wrong.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
TB's biggest problem is that his team do not appear to be football people

Chris Hughton has worked in football all his life , playing for Spurs and then managing in the Championship and Premier League.
Paul Barber has worked on the commercial/marketing side of football all his life - Spurs, the FA, and football teams in Canada
Head of Recruitment; Paul Winstanley has worked in scouting/recruitment at Derby for 7 years and before that at Wigan for 5 years.
Head of Commercial; Paul Beirne has worked in the commercial side of football for most of his career and founded his own football club.

and so on for Chris Calderwood, Nathan Jones in terms of the football side and in the backroom the heads of marketing; the head of media have all worked in football if not for the Albion all of their careers and were fans of the club before being appointed..

Who are these "non football" people that he's surrounded by ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here