Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does the wolves game feel like make or break

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
It's getting that way - it is pretty much with every match now, since that Spurs travesty. We were on a roll, and winning that would (IIRC) have seen us go fifth - PGMOL didn't just take away the points, they took away our momentum too. Well, that's my take on it - my Albion mojo dipped then, and it hasn't recovered since.
Yes, it's been a great season - could still be - but if we lose to Wolves it will really feel like the wheels are coming off.
Man up! f*** var, we’ll make it into Europe anyway

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's getting that way - it is pretty much with every match now, since that Spurs travesty. We were on a roll, and winning that would (IIRC) have seen us go fifth - PGMOL didn't just take away the points, they took away our momentum too. Well, that's my take on it - my Albion mojo dipped then, and it hasn't recovered since.
Yes, it's been a great season - could still be - but if we lose to Wolves it will really feel like the wheels are coming off.
I get what your saying but for the first 75 minutes of the Chelsea game I thought we played the best I have ever seen us play, bit of luck we could have won 5-0 - for me its was the point when we ran out of puff for the last 15 minutes and the injuries to two more key players that day became a bit of a catalyst.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Calling @Dr. No

A must win game is one that if you don't win then your family, and your families family, and their friends, and their family, all get it, Keyser Söze style. Fact.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
"Make or Break" sound a bit OTT

Games at this end of the season are all crucial.
I would have settled for top 10 this season.
The fact that 3 weeks ago, I genuinely believed we had a decent shot at Champions league, makes the situation we know face, seem a bit more desperate.

It isn't. Whatever the result on Saturday, this will be our best ever Top flight season.

However, I hope we can keep the European dream alive.
We are well placed, but the next 10 days could well be crucial.
A return to form against one of our perennial whipping boys, would be most welcome.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
We could lose our next three and then win at Arsenal and Newcastle - who knows. We're still in with a great chance of Europe. Let's relax and get behind the team tomorrow - no nerves

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, rightly, or wrongly that's how I feel as well. This single game isn't 'must win', but if we do fall away a bit over the remaining games and 'only' finish 8th or 9th I will feel disappointed. And yes, I'm well aware of our history; I know all about Archer, Hereford, Gillingham, Withdean, etc - I was there! And yes if my past self could hear me being disappointed with a top ten PL finish he would be amazed and shocked - but he'd also be unbelievably delighted that we've come so far as to be disappointed with such a season. It WAS all worth it!

I know some will see this as being 'entitled', but yes I will be disappointed if a season where at one stage we were being mentioned as outside contenders for a Champions' League spot fizzles out with a string of poor results.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My Mojo has plummeted in the last week. We are not getting any breaks and it’s a bit dispiriting, I get the impression the players might feel the same :lolol:

Having trouble getting excited about tomorrow and hopefully will be by kick off :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If you want Europa rather than the much less prestigious Europa Conference then I think it is a must win.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yeah I kinda of agree, I feel this is a must win, not so much in it is season defining but a confidence boost, teams can all to easily get stuck in a rut.
Wolverhampton were not great against Palace and are to all intense and purposes safe.

So it is a must win, I hope we have a stronger bench and I think we should get three points.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Same feelings here.

I was genuinely convinced we would be pushing for Champions League all the way to the end of the season before that game.
The players definitely felt it too.
De Zerbi changed from talking about "Our Target" to " Our target is Europa League" in interviews

I think the semi-final loss has been felt a bit more keenly, by the players, because they believed they could get UCL and win the FA Cup.
Must be some come-down for them too.

The reality is that massive progress has been made this season.
Whatever our final position, there has ben a mentality shift within the club, which bodes well for the future.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah I kinda of agree, I feel this is a must win, not so much in it is season defining but a confidence boost, teams can all to easily get stuck in a rut.
Wolverhampton were not great against Palace and are to all intense and purposes safe.

So it is a must win, I hope we have a stronger bench and I think we should get three points.
I would like to see RDZ trust the bench a little bit more.
The players looked exhausted on Wednesday and with 8 games to come, we could probably do with resting a few players and testing a few others.

Dunk/March/Estupinan were so far behind their season averge levels, it was scary.
Caicedo/Mac were not much better IMO.

I'm not saying we should rest all of them, but we can't expect the same 11 to perform at the right level twice a week for 4 weeks.
At some point we need to know whether Buonanote, Gilmour, Ayari & Van Hecke can be relied upon during this run in.

I say, mix it up on Saturday, and save the likes of Dunk, March & MacAllister to get revenge on Thursday.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
No. I don't think we can realistically qualify for Europe, regardless of the outcome of this game.

The remaining fixtures are just too cruel and we don't have the squad depth.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No. I don't think we can realistically qualify for Europe, regardless of the outcome of this game.

The remaining fixtures are just too cruel and we don't have the squad depth.
Still hell-bent on drumming up a posse to form a suicide pact, I see.... ???

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Still hell-bent on drumming up a posse to form a suicide pact, I see.... ???

Yep, still majorly pissed off about it. It's our best ever squad and season and could be our only chance to qualify for Europe - but it's been absolutely f***ed by a corrupt World Cup and the Queen popping her clogs.

They should have at least extended by another week or two or something.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I get what your saying but for the first 75 minutes of the Chelsea game I thought we played the best I have ever seen us play, bit of luck we could have won 5-0 - for me its was the point when we ran out of puff for the last 15 minutes and the injuries to two more key players that day became a bit of a catalyst.
Very much this. In all the excitement over the Chelsea performance/game, the two injuries were so important.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep, still majorly pissed off about it. It's our best ever squad and season and could be our only chance to qualify for Europe - but it's been absolutely f***ed by a corrupt World Cup and the Queen popping her clogs.

They should have at least extended by another week or two or something.
I'd send you a bottle of aspirin and an instruction to take two and you'll soon feel better, but I fear you'd just scoff the lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here