Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does the wolves game feel like make or break

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
After Wednesdays loss, it feels like any other result bar a win will define the season.
A defeat here at home to wolves feels like the season will just fade away

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
We want at least 6pts from our next 3 home games. Losing to Wolves would make that a lot harder but far from impossible.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
After Wednesdays loss, it feels like any other result bar a win will define the season.
A defeat here at home to wolves feels like the season will just fade away
Depends on other results, I keep thinking we are now maybe going to fizzle out, and then another result elsewhere gives me another week of hope.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yep must win for me. On per the easiest game left (other than Southampton at home). Wolves have very little to play for, Southampton will be down by the time we play them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was about to start the very same thread!

Yes l think in many ways it does, we need to get our confidence and our energy back and win a game of football again. We have a very difficult run in, and with games against the Manc giants, Arsenal and N ewcastle to come, we have to beat teams like Wolves.

It's all very well saying we have games in hand against the likes of Villa and Spurs, but l'd rather have the points on the board at this stage of the season.

One thing is for sure Wolves will be up for the game, they need the points jnust as much as we do, but for very different reasons.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
not make or break but its important. With our run in , this is certainly one of the games left where you would be disappointed not to get the 3 points. Every game fine margins though.

With the prem league there is always noise and a crisis is never far away. That's all it is. Lose this and the noise just gets louder. I don't buy into all the knackered players things. A dip in form is a dip in form. Win on Saturday and it shuts up all the theories and puts Wembley to bed.

It's important , very important but it isnt season defining

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I feel much better about the forest match after seeing United also run out of steam. Although it was 0-0 on Sunday it was a taxing match physically and mentally for both teams. We have got that display out of our system and I am full of hope that with a few people coming back we will finish like a train. A repeat of last season would go down nicely.

UTA

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I'm actually feeling a bit more positive this morning having looked at the table.

Its all about 7th now, with the points left to play for and who the other teams play as well, it's still a reality.

It does seem ironic that in the build up to the SF we had all this 'Brighton are the best run club etc', which we are a very well run club but ultimately the size of the squad cost us both on Sunday and perhaps even Wednesday?

You learn from your mistakes in life not just football, I don't think Tony will ever let us get into that situation again.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm actually feeling a bit more positive this morning having looked at the table.

Its all about 7th now, with the points left to play for and who the other teams play as well, it's still a reality.

It does seem ironic that in the build up to the SF we had all this 'Brighton are the best run club etc', which we are a very well run club but ultimately the size of the squad cost us both on Sunday and perhaps even Wednesday?

You learn from your mistakes in life not just football, I don't think Tony will ever let us get into that situation again.
Losing Trossard and Mwepu without replacing either was rather strange considering our position. With Mwepu we could rest Mac or Moses without too much worry. With Trossard or a similar signing we could seriously be talking top 4-6.
Barber says they have replacements for every position what happened to those two then?
We aren’t great playing under pressure let’s hope the boys relax and take each game as it comes.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Rarely is there such a thing as a ‘must win’ in football, although it’s used a lot. I do see this game as huge though. FWIW I predicted to all who’d listen we’d lose at forest. I’m predicting we win this one 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Losing Trossard and Mwepu without replacing either was rather strange considering our position. With Mwepu we could rest Mac or Moses without too much worry. With Trossard or a similar signing we could seriously be talking top 4-6.
Barber says they have replacements for every position what happened to those two then?
We aren’t great playing under pressure let’s hope the boys relax and take each game as it comes.

I imagine the club has replacements for them lined up for this coming summer, I think we're ahead of where we expected to be. In hindsight, it would have been great to have the replacements in January, but at the time few could have predicted how quickly Roberto got his ideas across as well as the results. As January signings come at a premium it means we'll probably be able to bring in better quality over the summer, which would have been fine had we not found ourselves with such an oppourtunity.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Yep must win for me. On per the easiest game left (other than Southampton at home). Wolves have very little to play for, Southampton will be down by the time we play them.
Dangerous to assume that a team already relegated will just roll over. You have players playing for contracts and/or manager might take a chance and throw in some fringe youngsters who could play without fear desperate to impress.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Every game from now on in is 'make or break', we have to assume the teams that are pushing for a Europe spot will win or at least get points from the rest of their games. We gotta win... win...win. f*** 'em. We win and it'll take care of itself. As the 'support', we have to bring our A-game, there's nothing to be nervous about on our side, but the lads think they can make Europe, and I'm gonna cheer them on with this endeavour rather then chew my nails.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's getting that way - it is pretty much with every match now, since that Spurs travesty. We were on a roll, and winning that would (IIRC) have seen us go fifth - PGMOL didn't just take away the points, they took away our momentum too. Well, that's my take on it - my Albion mojo dipped then, and it hasn't recovered since.
Yes, it's been a great season - could still be - but if we lose to Wolves it will really feel like the wheels are coming off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here