Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does the negativity on NSC get you down?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I was expecting a bit of positivity with the appointment of Slade, yet there are already some people moaning. What the hell do we want?

I don't know if its just me but the negativity on this board gets me down.

Can we please be bloody happy and look forward to tommorow's match.
Some supporters from other clubs would snap their right arm off to get what we have, i.e New Stadium and players.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
my thoughts exactly
you just can't please some people.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
İbrahim Tatlıses;2838942 said:
But it's not a positive appointment. If asked who we wanted as manager 2 weeks ago, Slade would have been near the bottom of the list.

That, ultimately, is the reason for the negativity.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Yes, the negativity on NSC does get me down.

But then it all gets better when people post pictures of dogs weaing clothes or boobies or suchlike.

(hehe, I said boobies)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Blimey, a thread about whining is taken over by said whiners. I wonder if Paul Ince looked at NSC before he turned us down, can't blame him if that's the case.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
İbrahim Tatlıses;2838942 said:
But it's not a positive appointment. If asked who we wanted as manager 2 weeks ago, Slade would have been near the bottom of the list.

Word

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I don't believe that at all, there is negativity about literally everything on here, without fail. It actually has nothing to do with Slade whatsoever.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its the nature of the beast that for some NSC has become, first it was McGhee, then Henderson and more recently Mayo.

(Awaiting the "says the poster with Mickey Mouse Adams as an avatar" comment)

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
The problem is that we have the carrot of Gannon and Ince to get us all excited then the stick is Slade. People are just a little disappointed.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
No - because it is only an internet message board - for every interesting, well thoughout or amusing contribution, there is also some thick attention-seeking twat parading his/her ignorance or immaturity.

Not that all negative posts are from those in the latter category... it does make many of them very easy to ignore.

Ho hum.

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Agreed! I've been a member for some time but only just started posting because I'm fed up with the negativity!

No-wonder other managers turned us down, they probably took one look on here and decided not to bother!

Slade is a manager with a proven track record of keeping teams up and of getting them to around the play-offs.....what is wrong with that? I don't really care about the style of play, my favourite style of play is any that gets results and that is what we need.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It's expectation that's the problem.

NSC has been f***ing miserable this season because we EXPECTED a play-off charge minimum. Instead we've got a relegation battle.

Now there's a few people (like me) who while aren't suicidal are disappointed that we've gone from talking about the likes of Ince, Boothroyd, and Curbishley to a bloke who has done an average job at Yeovil who resembles a potato.

Throw in the same tedious cretins who think it makes them look good when they get on their high horse and call people expletives and you have the modern day NSC.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The problem is that we have the carrot of Gannon and Ince to get us all excited then the stick is Slade. People are just a little disappointed.

Correct.
Its like turning up for a blind date that one of your mates has arranged. He's told you that she looks just like Katherine Jenkins, but when she turns up, she looks more like Fern Brittan.

But then after the initial disappointment, you find out she makes a smashing casserole.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
It was the standard of play on the pitch that got me down. I will happily cheer Mr Slade if we do better on the pitch. I saw no way we would avoid relegation under Micky Adams, and that might still be the scenario but at least let us play with sensible team selections and not so much hoofing the ball from end to end.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
NSC thanks you for that contribution but they do say that people who live in glass houses etc.

I am well aware I can be negative, and yes, sometimes i've gone OTT (and apologised), but I do find it PATHETIC that dullards feel the need to pick up on my every post and call me a miserable twat (or some variation).

:thumbsup:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I am well aware I can be negative, and yes, sometimes i've gone OTT (and apologised), but I do find it PATHETIC that dullards feel the need to pick up on my every post and call me a miserable twat (or some variation).

:thumbsup:

Oh come on, I've never called you a twat, I don't need to state the obvious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here